Third Party Press

1950s Iranian Ammo??

I had 40 rounds of it given to me and it wasn't worth the price. 3 hangfires and 1 dud. If you've never experianced a hangfire I can tell you it could be dangerous. Had an awful smell to it too.

I havent had experince with Iranian,per say, but I had some Egyptian 8mm, and it was horrible.
Poor accuarcy, hangfires, and duds.
Out of each box of 100 I would guess there to be 25 hangfires and 12-15 duds.
I dont buy any ammo with arabic writing on it now.

that probly explains why its the cheapest you can find..well the only stuff you can find. its so hard to justify paying the current going rate for some decent ammo knowing how low they were..I havnt been paying too much attention to the surplus market but are these prices and scarcity a result of the post newtown chaos? or are these really the going rates for surplus 8mm ammo these 380 rnd spam cans going between 200-300 bucks?

I havent had experince with Iranian,per say, but I had some Egyptian 8mm, and it was horrible.
Poor accuarcy, hangfires, and duds.
Out of each box of 100 I would guess there to be 25 hangfires and 12-15 duds.
I dont buy any ammo with arabic writing on it now.

"I don't buy ANYTHING with arabic writing on it now."

There, fixed it for you...:laugh:
Pat

Appearently the Iranian ammo can currently be bought in both 8mm and .30-06 loadings.

I bought a good supply of Iraqi .303 British. It seems to be of good quality, and was probably made on equipment supplied by the British. It's clean burning stuff, loaded with small bundles of cordite.

FWIW.

Military Rifle Journal
Back