Third Party Press

Interesting Armorers bolt

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Thought you guys might find this interesting. I though it was a VZ24 bolt from the photos I got. It came in a bolt mismatch 42 1939 rifle I bought as a shooter for my dad. I figured I would use the bolt in a VZ24.

Check it out - Crown B inspected with Crown RC, overstamped with Weimar eagle firing proof and Su52? inspection. Bolt is unnumbered, back half is VZ24 along with extractor and extractor collar. I think the bolt body was mated to VZ24 rear parts and used in something, as all the VZ24 parts match in patina, bolt is a nicer. VZ24 bolt parts are rust blued.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 158
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 159
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 158
  • root.jpg
    root.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 158
Nice bolt Mike, - HZa Spandau was a mfg for all practical purposes, and this is a bolt they made imo. Bernd recently found an HZa Su muzzle cover (first I have seen and cool unit marked to a Pioneer unit); they made (finished) barrels, made the wide rear bands (along with Simson), and all manner of small parts.

I have been tracking parts they made for awhile now, and I sure would like that bolt if you ever part with it! Really a nice score imo!

Thought you guys might find this interesting. I though it was a VZ24 bolt from the photos I got. It came in a bolt mismatch 42 1939 rifle I bought as a shooter for my dad. I figured I would use the bolt in a VZ24.

Check it out - Crown B inspected with Crown RC, overstamped with Weimar eagle firing proof and Su52? inspection. Bolt is unnumbered, back half is VZ24 along with extractor and extractor collar. I think the bolt body was mated to VZ24 rear parts and used in something, as all the VZ24 parts match in patina, bolt is a nicer. VZ24 bolt parts are rust blued.

What are the chances of finding this Type of armorers bolt , would say about as good as hitting the Power Ball Lottery . Maybe less . First I have ever seen . I was talking with someone a while back about the chances of one surviving and here MR FARB pulls one out of his Hat .

Interwar bolts are tough to find, this is the first I have seen like this (unused armorers bolt) but I own a couple others similar but both are used (serialed).

Most seen are old Imperial bolts with Weimar era fireproofs, - I will attach an image on one of mine, which has an Imperial acceptance and Weimar f/p. Imperial armorer bolts are not real hard to get, I have half a dozen still but Weimar era are another story!

What are the chances of finding this Type of armorers bolt , would say about as good as hitting the Power Ball Lottery . Maybe less . First I have ever seen . I was talking with someone a while back about the chances of one surviving and here MR FARB pulls one out of his Hat .

Attachments

• MVC-445F.JPG
    MVC-445F.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 32
  • MVC-443F.JPG
    MVC-443F.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 31
Looking closely at the pics, this bolt of Mikes, looks like c/Z overstamped (Imperial acceptance, usually seen from the Berlin area, DWM or Spandau, which DWM "probably" used the same inspectors, at least the P08 types seem to attribute pistol acceptance done by Spandau inspectors)

So maybe HZa Spandau didn't "make" the bolt, only proofed it for an armorers spare? Hard to say, but Mikes bolt definitely had old Imperial acceptance overstruck, so probably not "made" by the HZa Spandau, just fireproofed an leftover Imperial era bolt. (Imperial armor bolts only have one acceptance on the bottom flat, no fireproof)

Here is an Imperial armorers bolt.

Interwar bolts are tough to find, this is the first I have seen like this (unused armorers bolt) but I own a couple others similar but both are used (serialed).

Most seen are old Imperial bolts with Weimar era fireproofs, - I will attach an image on one of mine, which has an Imperial acceptance and Weimar f/p. Imperial armorer bolts are not real hard to get, I have half a dozen still but Weimar era are another story!

Attachments

• MVC-368F.JPG
    MVC-368F.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 25
  • MVC-369F.JPG
    MVC-369F.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 24

Military Rifle Journal
Back