Third Party Press
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: MP 40 bnz 41 100% matching nr.

  1. #1
    Senior Member stabsfeldwebel2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    765

    Default MP 40 bnz 41 100% matching nr.

    Here is my latest MP 40. 100% matching numbers. Found in basement. Comments welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member Model's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Nice basement!

  3. #3
    Senior Member mauser99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    mass. u.s.a.
    Posts
    4,951

    Default

    Nice mp40 !! Ive always wanted one.. And will never have one..

    Bnz made nice stuff early on.. Id love to see a bnz45 mp40 !

  4. #4
    Baby Face RyanE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    2,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    Bnz made nice stuff early on.. Id love to see a bnz45 mp40 !
    I doubt very much that Steyr made any MP40s in 1945. I think all MP40 production was shut down in the fall of 1944 in favor of MP44s, and large quantities of Italian MPs ordered/issued to make up for it.

    stabs, is this live or deactivated? Don't know what the laws are in Denmark...

  5. #5
    Senior Member mauser99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    mass. u.s.a.
    Posts
    4,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanE View Post
    I doubt very much that Steyr made any MP40s in 1945. I think all MP40 production was shut down in the fall of 1944 in favor of MP44s, and large quantities of Italian MPs ordered/issued to make up for it.

    stabs, is this live or deactivated? Don't know what the laws are in Denmark...
    I know.. but just imagine what it would look like !!! all phosphatey and crude..

  6. #6
    Community Organizer Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    74,415

    Default

    That's fantastic Stabs! Pic stickied for ref. Thanks for posting. What's the story?

  7. #7
    Senior Member stabsfeldwebel2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanE View Post
    I doubt very much that Steyr made any MP40s in 1945. I think all MP40 production was shut down in the fall of 1944 in favor of MP44s, and large quantities of Italian MPs ordered/issued to make up for it.

    stabs, is this live or deactivated? Don't know what the laws are in Denmark...
    Hallo Ryan. It is 100% live, untouched no fired since the war. The old man was sure of the story: some young guys stole the MP from a pub in a small town Varde i Jutland Denmark early in the war together with some 2 - 3 pair of gloves and some caps. The gloves and caps was exchage for cigaretts by the german watch crew in the nearby railway hotel before any germans nows what happens.!

  8. #8
    Community Organizer Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    74,415

    Default

    Stunning MP Stabs!

  9. #9
    Senior Member 8x57mauser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oberndorf/Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Not to resurrect an old thread but I'm in the process of purchasing a bnz 41 mp40 now and reading over this all I can think is that I'd hate to be the german soldier that got that stolen from him, would be pretty hard to explain that one.

  10. #10
    Senior Member chrisftk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    209

    Default

    I hope the purchase works out! These are getting tougher and tougher. I got mine (bnz42) a few years ago for $1500. I almost bought another g43 instead. Glad I didn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57mauser View Post
    Not to resurrect an old thread but I'm in the process of purchasing a bnz 41 mp40 now and reading over this all I can think is that I'd hate to be the german soldier that got that stolen from him, would be pretty hard to explain that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •