Third Party Press

another walnut bnz45

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Picked this one up recently from Bruce, nice late bnz45 with walnut stock. I've seen a lot of these now with the top acceptance and no Eagle H and/or no top acceptance and Eagle H stock. It's hard to believe that this is all due to soldiers switching stocks, but it makes one batty trying to decide if these were picked up in the factory like that... which is why I am posting this fairly common gun. It looks pretty much out of the closet, I didn't even take it apart. Typical walnut stock/laminate handguard, all phosphate rifle. I really like the knots this walnut stock has in it. You just gotta love late bnz45's. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 299
  • bands.jpg
    bands.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 261
  • bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 241
  • buttstock.jpg
    buttstock.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 252
  • code.jpg
    code.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 280
  • cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 357
  • gasshield.jpg
    gasshield.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 221
  • handguard.jpg
    handguard.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 189
  • knot.jpg
    knot.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 213
  • serial.jpg
    serial.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 233
  • triggerguard.jpg
    triggerguard.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 225
perhaps it just represents the absolute panic / confusion, and the rush to complete weapons, that marked the last weeks of the war. The pressure on the workers must have been immense.

I hate you......lol. I really want one of those. I doubt there is a single one of those in Canada, all brought home by US soldiers, now all at your house in Texas. HAHA

Nice rifle for sure.

I hate you......lol. I really want one of those. I doubt there is a single one of those in Canada, all brought home by US soldiers, now all at your house in Texas. HAHA

Nice rifle for sure.

There were a half dozen nice bnz45 rifles for sale at the last Show of Shows, some were really nice minty guns. I agree, I think all of these came back to the US from GI's!

Man do I love those bnz 45's! Definitely near the top of my want list.

Very nice mrfarb! That knot in the wrist area is just awesome!

In general, what was the pricing?

The prices on the tables were in the 2k range for walnut guns, 16-1800 for good condition guns. I'm not sure what the selling prices were but they didn't move really fast- most lasted until Saturday afternoon from what I saw. I think a minty walnut T block for $2500 was the most expensive. One guy bought a mint laminate for 1k from a walk in.

Nice sling...

:thumbsup:

attachment.php

Great rifle.. it reminds me of the one I had. I really like that sling too with the rivet attached buckle. First one I have seen anyway.

mow.

I love these - you could collect nothing but bnz 45's and never be done with all the variations! I need a real late T block too it's the only real hole in the collection.

I have a sling like that, and couldn't tell if it was German, postwar, from some other country, or what. No markings I can find.

I have a sling like that, and couldn't tell if it was German, postwar, from some other country, or what. No markings I can find.

If it's just like this one, it could be a cey marked sling. The markings aren't in the typical locations, but closer to the middle of the sling itself.

Military Rifle Journal
Back