Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new CE 43

Default my new CE 43

Hi,
    Have had a couple of junk R/C over the years but all have gone,I came here to lean more about them? the Rifle iv'e just got iv'e been after for over 20 years[wanted it as it was matching] as it's very hard to get a good one over here,this originally belonged to a friend of mine ,when he parted with it I was in no position to have it and it was sold to a local guy ,but nobody would let on were it was,a chance meeting brought it back to my attention and I decided to have it ,due to the paper work it took nearly 2 months to obtain.
    Now I'm confused ?have the usual 3 books on K98's but it seems different will post some photos when i get some daylight but here's a description

1.Early 43 ,vertical script ce , not the later block CE.
    2,3224 with block number so should that be a or b block?not sure what it is?
    3.only 1 visible waffenamt on the entire metalwork of the rifle [ 280] on right side of receiver.proof on barrel and receiver.
    4.all matching serial numbers.
    5 2 waffenamps under butt[359] ,H on side
    5.bolt all matching but again no waffenamps that I can see.

Any ideas what I have, weapon was said to have been captured in Holland.
    Thanks Freddy
    Last edited by Freddy; 03-12-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Hi,
    My photo skills are not the best but here is a a few.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Down side is the British proof markings. worn on the high points otherwise bluing is very good.

waffenamps

looks sweet! nice catch.

Default ce 43

Freddie - Glad to hear about someone finally getting "an object of their desire". Very nice J.P. Sauer.

I also have one with identical script ce 43 and 280 WaA, except it is an unfinished LSR (see recent posts below).
    I'm struggling to get some photos of mine up this week. It will be interesting to make comparisons.

Very nice all original and matching ce 43 that anyone would be proud to own Freddy. Added to pic sticky reference for vertical script ce 43. I think the BNP proofs add to the character of the piece actually. We don't get many of those on this side of the lake, most of which were Brit capture pieces. In this case, Holland. It's a beautiful, obviously combat carried weapon with history, just as I like them. Well done and congrats. I think the BNP proofs are a bonus and I'd trade my vert script ce 43 without them to you in a heartbeat
    Last edited by Hambone; 03-13-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Default British proofs

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Very nice all original and matching ce 43 that anyone would be proud to own Freddy. Added to pic sticky reference for vertical script ce 43. I think the BNP proofs add to the character of the piece actually. We don't get many of those on this side of the lake, most of which were Brit capture pieces. In this case, Holland. It's a beautiful, obviously combat carried weapon with history, just as I like them. Well done and congrats. I think the BNP proofs are a bonus and I'd trade my vert script ce 43 without them to you in a heartbeat
    I have a 98k rifle on here with British proofs and it doesn't bother me in the least..just shows it was captured. I think it makes it cooler.

Hi,
    Thanks ,Im glad that I have been able to contribute to a great forum,will add a few more photos when I get chance, doesn't appear to have ever been taken apart ,can't see any sign of screws been touched.
    what's the block letter ?

Nothing wrong with your photo skills, Freddy! Nice catch. Block letter looks like it might be a German script "h".
    Wanted: K98 Dou-42 bolt 5235b, and Port. bayonet G19383