Third Party Press

Thread: First Polish Mauser

Senior Member mattakinbimwalker's Avatar

Default First Polish Mauser

I am going to pick up my first Polish K98 tomorrow. It's a Warsaw P.F.K 1926 with the Polish eagle crest intact. The rifle is also numbers matching. I will upload pics tomorrow.
    Wanted: k98 bolt 802h WaA63 and k98 bolt 5168q WaA63 (Will pay top $$$$$)
    10" Cleaning Rod WaA26 #43
    10" Cleaning Rod WaA63 #02

That is a rare rifle to find with all matching numbers. Hopefully the stock is untouched.
    Looking for

1. An original Imperial Russian Nagant Revolver
    2. Armorer's rework Gew98 with lined out and restamped to match parts

Yes, nice Polish rifles can be difficult to locate. 1926 was the first large production year for them, 34k but following years were in the 40k ranges and I have recorded more 1927-1929 examples. Apparently the Poles were short on carbines, seriously short compared to need (they had a slight excess of rifles on hand) and they made a lot of them early on. The range I have recorded for 1926, all Warsaw of course, 31200-65400, where your rifle falls in would be of interest!
    Hence, that which we have to express in a precise way, is the liberty of each limited only by the like liberties of all. This we do by saying: - Every man is free to do that which he wills, provided he infringes not the equal freedom of any other man. Herbert Spencer

Default Update

Torch and Lowe....thanks for your comments.

The rifle is better than expected. It is indeed a PFK 1926 Warszawa K98. The Polish Crest is on the receiver and untouched. All numbers are matching on the metal and the wood. The rifle looks like it has never been disassembled. In my opinion, the stock HAS NOT been sanded. From some of the pictures the seller sent me, I had my doubts at first. However, after seeing the rifle in person and now owning said rifle...stock looks nice and unmessed with. There is two stock cartouches in the butt area of the stock. A stamp that looks like a large "S" and then another cartouche below it. On the keel of the buttstock there is the serial number. The serial number is 35756. Only detraction is a duffle cut. There are NO import marks.

As soon as I get a pretty day out I will take pics...been raining like cats and dogs here in Georgia.

For $220 I think I did well.
    Last edited by mattakinbimwalker; 05-06-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattakinbimwalker View Post
    Torch and Lowe....thanks for your comments.

The rifle is better than expected. It is indeed a PFK 1926 Warszawa K98. The Polish Crest is on the receiver and untouched. All numbers are matching on the metal and the wood. The rifle looks like it has never been disassembled. In my opinion, the stock HAS NOT been sanded. From some of the pictures the seller sent me, I had my doubts at first. However, after seeing the rifle in person and now owning said rifle...stock looks nice and unmessed with. There is two stock cartouches in the butt area of the stock. A stamp that looks like a large "S" and then another cartouche below it. On the keel of the buttstock there is the serial number. The serial number is 35756. Only detraction is a duffle cut. There are NO import marks.

As soon as I get a pretty day out I will take pics...been raining like cats and dogs here in Georgia.

For $220 I think I did well.
    WOW for $220 I don't know if anybody ever got a better deal
    Looking for

1. An original Imperial Russian Nagant Revolver
    2. Armorer's rework Gew98 with lined out and restamped to match parts

Default :-)

I got ammo too. lol