Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Type 94

Default Japanese Type 94

As much as I like German pistols and rifles, I also dabble in Japanese weapons also. Here is a type 94 that I picked up recently and thought I'd share. I find these odd looking but they interest me. All the parts match including the 2 mags. The 19.1 means it was made in january of 1944. When they punched the s.n. and the date, it looks like they used a broken #1, also in the #46712 the #7 seems to be punche over a #6.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not into pistols of any sort really but that is one interesting looking unit for sure. Thanks for showing. Not sure I've ever seen one before.

Neat pistols, but the completely exposed sear bar is the King of Bad Ideas. Some don't even take that much pressure to drop the firing pin. googlie

Quote Originally Posted by RyanE View Post
    Neat pistols, but the completely exposed sear bar is the King of Bad Ideas. Some don't even take that much pressure to drop the firing pin. googlie
    Yes, you can press the sear in with your finger. I think the japanese were copying the luger as it also has an exposed sear bar, but it is protected.

Senior Member BerlinerLuebecker's Avatar

A pistol with looks only its creator could love. Thanks for sharing!

i agree, one ugly and dangerous pistol. still, theres something cool about a late rig with 2 matching mags and canvas holster with strap

That's a great little set T96! Many years ago I bought out a collection of Japanese handguns and there was a 20.3 T.94 with two matching mags and a loose weave canvas holster, neck strap, and cleaning rod. It was a cool little pistol but I traded it to Lynn Lugar for the G.98/40 jhv 44 which I depicted here. This must have been in 1991 or so. I've seen many G.98/40s since then, but I can count on one hand how many T.94s with two matching mags other than yours I've seen. What makes these little pistols so cool is how odd they are. You really can press on that sear bar and make it discharge. Pic stickied for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    That's a great little set T96! Many years ago I bought out a collection of Japanese handguns and there was a 20.3 T.94 with two matching mags and a loose weave canvas holster, neck strap, and cleaning rod. It was a cool little pistol but I traded it to Lynn Lugar for the G.98/40 jhv 44 which I depicted here. This must have been in 1991 or so. I've seen many G.98/40s since then, but I can count on one hand how many T.94s with two matching mags other than yours I've seen. What makes these little pistols so cool is how odd they are. You really can press on that sear bar and make it discharge. Pic stickied for reference.
    Sounds like that was a nice rig HB. there was a 1944 date with two matching mags that was just on GB that ended this week. I wanted it but it went for $1k which is more than i thought it would. Theres a canvas holster on epay right now going for $500

Thanks ham and others for the comments. They made around 72,000 of them starting in 1934 until the end of the war. Near the end quality had dropped off. I'd been looking for one these for some time now and felt lucky when I found this one.

Default The Ugly duckling

I also own a Type 94 with two mags, only one matching plus brown leather holster. I've had this out a few times to sell at Allentown but always put it back, its so crude and goofy looking that its cool! My brother wants it for his Jap collection but not ready to part with it yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images