Third Party Press

Thread: Discussion - bcd 4 e/37 rework postwar

Default Discussion - bcd 4 e/37 rework postwar

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....mport-matching

I think the above rifle is a postwar rework, but BGS or BW, not DDR. Birds look pinged, has most of its original factory matching parts, some EP replacements. Seller bought it in 1966, which would be the time that W.Ger or Austria was surplusing what they were using to go to the G1/G3. What do ya'll think? Pisgah?

It's hard to know, but it surely looks German, especially with that EP. I'd say BGS or someone like that. Neat gun!
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

I just found this post and don't have a good answer either. I agree with what both of you stated concerning it. Trouble with postwar West German stuff is that I have no experience with it.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without