Third Party Press

Simson Karab.98b f block

Wolfgang

Hey, guys super new to this forum, and never been to active in forums but I'll give it a shot. I've been collecting K98s (the most beautiful weapon) lol for about 6-7 years now and slowly but surely increasing my collection against my wife will....I've even gotten in to restoring them from sports as a hobby. Well to the point I also have a k98b that was duffle cut I have "fixed" it by running to trim nails vertical in the the larger portion of the stock cutting the heads off and replacing the forward hand guard I want to restore it to military condition to retain its value but also keep its history of a GI capture. Its numbers matching to the stock, screws, trigger guard and barrel bands minus the bolt which in turn matches itself. Its a Simon from what I've read with a blank receiver. How can I find the year of production and a round about value (just in case I want to make room for new) the sre. #1077 if that helps and I can post pics if interested

thanks
-wes-

Hey, guys super new to this forum, and never been to active in forums but I'll give it a shot. I've been collecting K98s (the most beautiful weapon) lol for about 6-7 years now and slowly but surely increasing my collection against my wife will....I've even gotten in to restoring them from sports as a hobby. Well to the point I also have a k98b that was duffle cut I have "fixed" it by running to trim nails vertical in the the larger portion of the stock cutting the heads off and replacing the forward hand guard I want to restore it to military condition to retain its value but also keep its history of a GI capture. Its numbers matching to the stock, screws, trigger guard and barrel bands minus the bolt which in turn matches itself. Its a Simon from what I've read with a blank receiver. How can I find the year of production and a round about value (just in case I want to make room for new) the sre. #1077 if that helps and I can post pics if interested

thanks
-wes-

Wes, you really need to post photos or give more information on your 98b, namely the suffix on the serial number. There really is no way to date the blank receiver 98b's, but undated production ran from about 1926 until the early 1930's, so it wasn't that long.

sorry I've been trying all day I don't know what the problem is, I even tried as an attachment any advise? lol I feel stupid I got it

Attachments

• P1013370.jpg
    P1013370.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 92
sorry I've been trying all day I don't know what the problem is, I even tried as an attachment any advise? lol I feel stupid I got it

It may have something to do with your low post count. New members are limited in photo and link posting ability for the first 3 post as an anti-spam measure. Your rifle is an "f" block, which happens to be the last letter block. The highest reported is in the 9800 f block. If I had to guess, I'd put your rifles production in 1929-1930 era. Our member "Loewe" will be able to give you much more info on your rifle if you provide more photos, especially the right receiver markings and any barrel markings and stock markings you find. I'm going to split this into it's own thread as I think your rifle deserves that much, Simson Karab.98b rifles are somewhat rare to find in any kind of decent condition.

here a few more pics cant find my good camera.....kids, well hers what I got a pic of the sights the repair I did some other stamps awww cant upload......

I agree with Mike, 1929-30 maybe a little later for most Simson "f" blocks. Try and do a clear picture of the right receiver acceptance if you can? Is there any unit markings on the stock, the take down perhaps? More pictures the better, but describe the markings if you can't get a picture of them.

Welcome to the forum, while many of us find that time is short on the internet, the forums can be rewarding if you go to the right one and stick with it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back