Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow

Hopefully it is one of those feel-good stories where bidder R***M just reunited his matching barreled action with the original numbered stock he was lucky enough to find offered on eBay. Perhaps he is a member here and will post photos of the rifle when he gets it all back together.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
    Hopefully it is one of those feel-good stories where bidder R***M just reunited his matching barreled action with the original numbered stock he was lucky enough to find offered on eBay. Perhaps he is a member here and will post photos of the rifle when he gets it all back together.
    That would be great. It doesn't explain the 2 other bidders going nuts with their bids though. These kind of auctions always start a chain reaction of people putting ridiculous prices on their items. Sellers on Ebay and Gunbroker are insane with their listing prices. I find a small amount of reasonable priced items there lately.

Perhaps it's a huckster collecting parts for another new original all-matching hump-job on gunbroker.

I was the one that bought that stock. Really wish the other bidder hadn't jacked the price up at the last second; if it wasn't for one other guy I would've had it for >$400ish. I have an early 1935 S/147/G barreled action, s/n 233a so it is correct for the two barrel band configuration. I've talked to guys about getting a repop made but I can't find anyone to do it. I've been looking for these parts for a long time and have had no luck so when I see something I need, I get it.

The reason I was bidding so high, is because I already have another single band WaA114 stock, so my intention is to now sell the single band stock, and thus reduce the net cost of the stock I got by hopefully half-ish. I'll post photos of the rifle put together once the stock gets to me. Almost done except for a bolt.

I've spent $1200 on a computer that crapped out after three years. This stock will last longer than that. Plus I know people that regularly spend more money on dumber things so I'm content with spending a bit more on something I'll keep for a long time. Despite losing my oil job some passive investments I have have been doing extremely well so my hobby budget has gone up anyhow.

Besides none of you guys got into mausers to save money now did you?

I thought this was a dual band spring stock when I saw this post, his pics aren’t clear enough to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    ..a dual band spring stock when I saw this post, his pics aren’t clear enough to tell.
    You would be correct. After I saw the price I wanted to scope the features and try to figure out if it was 'right' and what would pull that price level. Using the zoom feature on pics #1 and 2 you can see that it is.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

I was watching that auction, but did not bid. I figured it would go for more than average price, but not $660.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    You would be correct. After I saw the price I wanted to scope the features and try to figure out if it was 'right' and what would pull that price level. Using the zoom feature on pics #1 and 2 you can see that it is.
    I see that on my PC, it's not clear on my phone. Using the buyers logic seems sound to me, I'm the last one to complain about how much someone spends on a resto gun. This is nothing compared to some stupid shit I've done myself, I won't admit to it. Once he sells his other stock he's going to be just fine and have a rare dual band spring example for a fraction of what they cost matching. There's an S/147/k triggerguard on ebay too right now, I even thought about buying it but what do I need it for?
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

It’s a lot of money if you don’t need it but I understand. I need a set of unnumbered bands for a late 44 byf and I am willing to spend more than they are worth to most folks but that’s how it is. You can always make more money but things like this don’t come up very often. Glad you got the parts you needed for your rifle. My thoughts anyway.