Third Party Press
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustolf bcd 4/ bcd45 serials and data

This is NOT a picture of my bolt, but it has the exact same marking below the serial # as are found on the bolt my rifle came with.

Like this...

Attached Images Attached Images
    **--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **Wanted - Original un-dicked with late Steyr (bnz45) stock... Long shot but......
    ** --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just like that. How is your safety marked(assuming that's your rifle)? Mine has a modern low scope model, but I'm thinking it might have had a std model if the LSR had put the optic high enough, at least I've seen a few on the inter-web that had std safeties and glass mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by haddockkl View Post
    just like that. How is your safety marked(assuming that's your rifle)? Mine has a modern low scope model, but I'm thinking it might have had a std model if the LSR had put the optic high enough, at least I've seen a few on the inter-web that had std safeties and glass mounted.
    Actually, the two photos of Sauer bolt flats posted above appear to be DIFFERENT serial number letter blocks. The first is likely an "N" and the second is likely a "P". This is the reason I would like to see a photo of your bolt flat. "U" and "V" would be likely possibilities for your rifle (much more likely than N or P), but are somewhat similar in appearance.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

I see what you mean now. Same but not...

**--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **Wanted - Original un-dicked with late Steyr (bnz45) stock... Long shot but......
    ** --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default BCD 45 report

Hi Pisgah,

Here is a report for you. This was posted by myself on a thread recently. I will edit with a link to the pics and same report as below: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....05-SOS-pick-up

BCD 45, all matched. Serial 15152, No final proof on top of receiver.
    Barrel Code is AVK, Ch, e/13, and an asterisk.
    The Receiver bottom has several marks: “H”, “M”, and an “8” (?).
    Front Band marked ‘l”, mid-war style cintered and unnumbered.
    Rear Band is stamped, blued, and unnumbered.
    Bayonet Mount is “l” marked phosphated and unnumbered.
    Trigger Guard and Floor plate are both stamped, marked ‘qnw’, phosphated and unnumbered.
    Follower is milled, “l” marked and unnumbered.
    Bolt body is serial 5152, final proof with possible double strike ?, and “l” marked on bottom of root.
    Extractor is unnumbered, blued, and “l” marked.
    Safety is numbered 52, phosphated and “m” marked.
    Cocking piece is serial 5,52,“e” marked and phosphated.
    Firing Pin is serial 52, “q” marked, and phosphated.
    Bolt Sleeve is serial 5152, “ghn’ marked and phosphated.
    Rear Sight Assembly is all ‘i’ marked and unnumbered.

Stock is semi kriegs, unnumbered, laminated, with a ‘C” proof. No E/H.
    Last edited by don w; 03-15-2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: to add link

Cool

Bought from a local guy in California , almost all the nazi markings are gone, it is captured , but not RC , can someone tell me who did ?
    numbers match mostly on rifle, bolt mismatch but matches itself 100%.

Default bcd 4 sn 4104

Hello everyone,

I am new (of course) and I am restoring the K98 my father brought home from WWII. The rifle has all matching numbers (bdc 4 sn# 4104 with a cursive "U" on bolt, receiver, bbl, trapdoor, ect. Unfortunately Dad put a Monte Carlo stock on it and the original wood is long gone. The rifle is in good shape, has no rust and the bore is in excellent condition. I learned how to hunt deer with this rifle when I was 10 (another story entirely). I am currently doing my best to restore the rifle to mil spec. I have a very good K98 stock but it has no bolt takedown disc installed in the stock. Anyone know where I can get one without having to buy another stock? I would appreciate any help or information.

Dan

What kind of acceptance does this rifle have? The waffenamt at the top of the receiver, above the bcd/4? What do the fireproofs look like, are they small or big honking nazi eagles? And is the serial in one line, with the "u" suffix in the line or below the serial? Generally the incursive "u" are Sauer builds, and usually they have the serial in a single line, whereas Gustloff assembles are stacked.

Sauer also used a minimalistic nazi fireproof, - who assembled the rifle matters as to restoration.

Welcome to the forum.

Default K98 details

Hi SimonSuhl,

The Nazi eagle stamp is small and directly above the "bcd" on the receiver. There are also some very small eagles on each side of the receiver. The cursive "U" is in line with the serial number and just after the "U" there are two stampings that look like sideways "9" on the Barrel. I'll be posting some pics of the rifle when I get my camera back from my son. As far as I know the barrel, receiver, bolt and trigger group is all original military issue. Only the stock was removed and replaced.

Thanks for the welcome and for the information. I need all the help I can get to make sure this weapon is restored properly.

Dan