Third Party Press

XRFacts , Forums and Censorship

But...but...it has a Tamper Proof Hologram and this is science. This Oingo Boingo vid essentially 'splains it, musically.....

Last edited:
SS Update

Well, I certainly have had my differences with Hambone, but ... I still like him...lol

so I will leave you with one of the rarest SS helmets in the world , a DD SS ET 70 , repainted with reapplied Pochers, Of course XRF validated

Enjoy Gentlemen

Maui

Attachments

• 1-IMG_7394-001.JPG
    1-IMG_7394-001.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 37
  • 1-IMG_7318.JPG
    1-IMG_7318.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 40
Well, I certainly have had my differences with Hambone, but ... I still like him...lol

so I will leave you with one of the rarest SS helmets in the world , a DD SS ET 70 , repainted with reapplied Pochers, Of course XRF validated

Enjoy Gentlemen

Maui

Thanks I feel the same way, though I don't think I'm the only person you've had differences with ;). It's not personal. The guys here have minds of their own and reach their own conclusions. I promise that if you presented solid findings and substantive support for them you'd likely win some over. Always nice to see helmets as well. You're always welcome here.

Last edited:
Thanks I feel the same way, though I don't think I'm the only person you've had differences with ;). It's not personal. The guys here have minds of their own and reach their own conclusions. I promise that if you presented solid findings and substantive support for them you'd likely win some over. Always nice to see helmets as well. You're always welcome here.

Hambone,

I understand, and we are both in agreement that there are certain people that simply cannot understand XRF. It is sad but true. My business is not XRF, I simply cracked the code from an elemental understanding of German helmet composition.....decals and paint.

I built my collection and it speaks for itself. I have no interest in trying to convince anyone of anything.

I just posted this M35 DAK on WAF, nice size 68 Double decal, I like it !

Best regards

David

Attachments

• 1-IMG_7463.JPG
    1-IMG_7463.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 33
It’s pretty black and white....I’ve followed this one since it was first posted on FB. It’s very very clear that he’s not a good guy (which almost everyone on the main forums already knew). I’ve had my issue with him without any background knowledge about him and have since heard countless others. He was asked repeatedly for 3-4 days to post an explanation in the FB group (which he was a mod of!) and declined. His rep is in the toilet and rightly so.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up MJ. Yep, it appears so. However, he's being publicly hammered without benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to explain and present his side...

Could`nt agree more, I have seen the slimy WAFites DOX people before for "supposedly" doing this or that. Would always wait to hear both sides myself.

It’s pretty black and white....I’ve followed this one since it was first posted on FB.
What? Shite bickering like this makes it to Facebook? It`s the dealers who are going in dry 24/7, that need to be named and shamed, if anything. :facepalm:

It’s pretty black and white....I’ve followed this one since it was first posted on FB. It’s very very clear that he’s not a good guy (which almost everyone on the main forums already knew). I’ve had my issue with him without any background knowledge about him and have since heard countless others. He was asked repeatedly for 3-4 days to post an explanation in the FB group (which he was a mod of!) and declined. His rep is in the toilet and rightly so.

I think we are talking about two different situations Bigd. You're talking about the KB issue. I'm talking about Maui and the cuff title thing.

What? Shite bickering like this makes it to Facebook? It`s the dealers who are going in dry 24/7, that need to be named and shamed, if anything. :facepalm:

The buyer originally just posted some pics to show the lid off. Naturally he was informed it was a champagne turd....then the cat came out of the bag. It was then suggested the seller join WAF and GHW, which he wasn’t a member of, to share his story. Not sure why, the sellers rep was pretty much gone on the forums anywaus

Was thinking...

Is there a simple thread to view, on any one forum, with comparison images of these "fake" spraypainted decals compared to genuine decals, showing that they are fake, and showing exactly why they are fake.
(too many long threads strewn across fora at present) A thread with no page upon page of bitching and stomping of feet and opinions and attack monkeys, just a simple detailed presentation that an interested party could quickly view, and be informed 100% as to what, when and why, without having to wade through miles of sewerage?

It seems that this scam was bust quite some time ago. What have collectors been doing since then? Who has tagged onto the original scam busters methods used to bust it, and how have they furthered the research - applied it to other helmets/decals. (If there is one example of a spraypainted decal that has managed to fool collectors, then best believe there are more.)​

DougB posted those threads with a complete exposure of the shampain ruin, with microscopic / high magnification, comparisons to real SS decals, etc. However, he removed most of the info as it was apparently going into a book.

I think Joe raises a good point.

This thread is interesting if you have hours and hours to read threw it, but the new collectors who are most likely to get burned are not likely the type who are going to read this entire thread, and likely don't care about the who's who or who burned who years ago.

Maybe this part of the forum is better off with a pinned simplified version, summed up in one post of what happened and how to identify a CH rune helmet. That thread could have a link to this thread for those who have time to read this entire thing. Probably some people who come here don't have WAF or GHW2 accounts if they migrated over from Facebook or another newer collector social media discussion group.

Regards,
-Steve

Steve, I'd recommend GHW2 as the source for excellent helmet information. They've got several excellent pinned threads on the Champagne Rune and related information. It's as easy to sign up there as here.

Military Rifle Journal
Back