Third Party Press

S/147 1936 travesty

I take full credit for this one, from locating it at the auction, buying it, finding the stock, and putting it together. I only say this to have some fun with the guy who did all the work on this one, Dave Roberts. :thumbsup:

** I have heard from a reliable source that some of the rifles Ambrose once owned have been altered. This collector is above reproach and knew Ambrose far better than I did, so if you have interest in these rifles you should make the time to examine the rifle in person. (Which is good advice regardless of the sellers reputation.) Ambrose was a first class collector imo, however he is not with us to stand behind these rifles. so care should be taken when buying a high end rifle. **

You should check out all the rifles they have going next. Apparently they are auctioning off all of AmbroseS old collection as many of the rifles up this time around are from his collection.

Some really nice rifles, but seems like some are missing- he had a nearly complete year/date collection I believe and some particular rifles are missing. Perhaps sold already or awaiting the next round.

Ambrose was a good collector, I think about him sometimes... always willing to help if you asked.. really one of the good guys in the hobby.

I take full credit for this one, from locating it at the auction, buying it, finding the stock, and putting it together. I only say this to have some fun with the guy who did all the work on this one, Dave Roberts. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mike
Your always screwing with me , Don`t listen to him Guys . I`m anomouse

Mike, a very nice rifle....too bad about the original stock. I also have a 1936 S/147 and at one time someone had that terrible need to sand it (BUMMER).

For SimsonSuhl here is the rear sight sleeve info from mine. It has (1) e116 & (2) e359.
I just acquired an S/147 1936, 1971 D block. Its been bubba'd, but am going to bring it back to issue. Yes it will be a mix master, but don't care. Will pist pucs...

No doubt. Sold this so long ago. It’s because we have the “similar thread” adding which is very useful for bringing up old gold.

Military Rifle Journal
Back