Third Party Press

CAD scope

tommac

sn8.jpgsn1.jpgsn2.jpgsn10.jpgHi

Got this scope this weekend shwed it to scott bugan and his friend mark i think had a good report from both at k c show.Just wanted some opinions on it sent pic to another member here to so what you think and a value would be nice many thanks tom.
sn5.jpgsn4.jpgsn3.jpgsn2.jpgsn.jpgsn7.jpg

Cad

Yes, they look original to me. The can is worth $1000 to $1500 and the scope is probably valued around $2500. I suppose if you found someone who really wanted the scope they might pay a little more money. Get some more opinions on the value of the scope. I have not seen a HT CAD come up for sale lately, except as part of a rifle. You will probably get a better idea of specifics here about your items than from those above mentioned dealers.

Brian

€dit: forget it, that was a confusion from my side. Saw that your offered SC scope can back then was differently serialized than the scope can here.

Anyway, would be interested in the scope can if you're going to sell it seperately.

Last edited:
dont know other than the scope fits perfectly in can thanks for the infomation tom there is no +under the cad.

Can Dimensions

You would have to accurately measure the can and compare the dimensions to a known High Turret Can and a Single Claw Can. I am still trying to figure out how they think it is a Single Claw Can from the photos alone. Other than considering the letter suffix. Please measure the can. Thanks.

Single Claw Can

12inchs3/8by 2 1/8 x3 1/8 inchs thanks tom

Tom,

Vintage Scope and Amberg are correct. It is a Single Claw Can. They knew that, because of the letter suffix on the serial number. I was a little slow on that point. However, also based on the outer dimensions you have given it is a Single Claw Can. Since that is the case it would demand a little premium in price for sure, in my mind. That type of can is a little more rare. Thanks for sharing the pictures and information.

Brian

Single claw can?

I cannot agree. I own an empty green can with stamp 6770A. All SC scope and can combinations I have observed had unnumbered tan cans. How can be ruled out that this is not for a scope mounted on a byf rifle?

Single Claw Can

I cannot agree. I own an empty green can with stamp 6770A. All SC scope and can combinations I have observed had unnumbered tan cans. How can be ruled out that this is not for a scope mounted on a byf rifle?

To be honest with you I had never heard that a Single Claw Can was the only one with a letter suffix until this topic got started here. Also, the color of the can theory does not make much sense to me either. However, when these theories are put aside the measurements of the can are the same as a known Single Claw Can. These measurements are not the same as my High Turret Can. I had to ask a fellow sniper collector to measure his Single Claw Can as I do not have one. There is not much else I can say about this. Maybe, someone else will chime in here who can provide more information. There are just not that many of these out there to my knowledge. I am always willing to learn, so please advise. Thanks.

Brian

I have accrued some knowledge in the recent years and built up a nice reference collection.
There are 2 sizes of metal cans (there is possibly a third one for Zielsechs, rather crudely made), one small and one large. Small ones are for Zielvier and dkl and some others, large ones for Ajack, bmj, cad. And there are also the ones for LSR, which I do not put emphasis now on. In my experience there are no differences between HT and SC cans. It is that sometimes a scope might fit better or less better but this is due to tolerances resulting from the parts inserted. This is what I know. I have observed that very many LSR cans are gun numbered and almost no HT/SC cans. Matter of factly I know only of this one and mine. So IMO we know nothing if there is no gun with it proving the theory. More data needed.

Hi Guys
Idont know much about the cans exept for this one fits perfectly in it top to bottom and dont bang around when closed.I had another one i found which was bigger that i got rid of not by much it was on this forum that i posted it thanks for all the replys .
Tom

Scope Cans

I have accrued some knowledge in the recent years and built up a nice reference collection.
There are 2 sizes of metal cans (there is possibly a third one for Zielsechs, rather crudely made), one small and one large. Small ones are for Zielvier and dkl and some others, large ones for Ajack, bmj, cad. And there are also the ones for LSR, which I do not put emphasis now on. In my experience there are no differences between HT and SC cans. It is that sometimes a scope might fit better or less better but this is due to tolerances resulting from the parts inserted. This is what I know. I have observed that very many LSR cans are gun numbered and almost no HT/SC cans. Matter of factly I know only of this one and mine. So IMO we know nothing if there is no gun with it proving the theory. More data needed.

This is a little different than what I heard from some other collectors. It appears to be a point for discussion. I have two scope cans. An unnumbered tan colored High Turret Can and a numbered green colored Long Side Rail Can. My High Turret can is a different size when compared to the one mentioned here. I have spoken to another collector and he says the can here has the same measurements to a can he considers a Single Claw Can. My High Turret Can is smaller and my original High Turret BMJ Scope fits perfectly, so my BMJ scope and scope can does not go along with your theory above. I guess from what you are saying there is no such thing as a Single Claw Can. That would be news to me. Maybe some other collectors will help out. Thanks.

Brian

Last edited:
From the example in my Collection and other SC Cans I have Inspected there is a difference Height & 1 of Width Dem.IMO the Early Type SC Cans were Numbered with Rifle # and letter suffix . As for the Later Tan Colored SC Cans these I believe were not Numbered .Which is Type I have in My Collection and Scope & Rings came as set in Can . As for LSR Cases I know of one Case for these it is Leather Type Identical to the SS SSR Type Case with one difference No Proofs or Maker Mark I know of 3 Examples one is Matched to the LSR Mount . IMO a Metal Can was not made for LSR with Zielsechs. I also Posted Pics of a Matching SC Can & Scope from Laws Book and Similar Pics from Senich Book showing same Scope & Can with its Matching Rifle but sadly Bases were removed from this once Matching Set. If You notice this Can has Letter Suffix D . I hold the opinion that the Cans with Letter Suffix are SC Cans . I know of a Small number of SC Cans that are 4 digit Ser# plus Letter Suffix , But just say they were Turret Cans then why No letter Suffix on 5 digit Ser# Turret Cans also . This is SC Can IMHO . Best Regards

Attachments

• DSC_1183.jpg
    DSC_1183.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_1186.jpg
    DSC_1186.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back