Third Party Press

PTR44 Semi-Auto MP44

Thanks for the heads up on the lee dies

Pete should be able to save the barrel, there have been numerous threads on saving demilled barrels lately

PTR44 Thoughts #8

Thanks for the heads up on the lee dies

Pete should be able to save the barrel, there have been numerous threads on saving demilled barrels lately

From what I've heard about Pete, I bet he can.

Changing subjects, what's the consensus/view about ordering a part--say an operating rod through ebay--from Europe. Safe? Legal? I understand a license is needed for a gun--but what about one part through the mail? Phil

From what I've heard about Pete, I bet he can.

Changing subjects, what's the consensus/view about ordering a part--say an operating rod through ebay--from Europe. Safe? Legal? I understand a license is needed for a gun--but what about one part through the mail? Phil

touchy subject it depends on the seller most will not ship to the US, many Americans will not take the chance of purchasing and getting mixed up with the govt, both prudent thoughts. license is required for parts also

there is another school of thought, there are thousand upon thousands of packages going though customs, the chances of getting caught are like winning the lottery.

your on your own on how to proceed

touchy subject it depends on the seller most will not ship to the US, many Americans will not take the chance of purchasing and getting mixed up with the govt, both prudent thoughts. license is required for parts also

there is another school of thought, there are thousand upon thousands of packages going though customs, the chances of getting caught are like winning the lottery.

your on your own on how to proceed

No problems for me, I have ordered many things from Europe with Gun Broker over the years.

I ordered an op rod and many other parts from the EU and have not had a problem. Most off of GB, but some off of ebay.

From my research, it is a machine gun part. Therefore under us law, illegal to import unless licensed to do so.

I have decided not to mess with it as the risk of a felony is too great and not worth it.

Looking back in this tread and you might find answers you are looking fore in the new tread on importing SSD rifles.

From my research, it is a machine gun part. Therefore under us law, illegal to import unless licensed to do so.

I have decided not to mess with it as the risk of a felony is too great and not worth it.

Can you cite any law for that? I'm pretty sure that's not the case here. The ATF Form 6 is needed for some things, but only if wholesale value is above $100. Barrels and receivers are exceptions, of course.

The most of the spare parts for BD44 and BD38 is soon available for the US marked. Waiting for one more shipment, and it will be possible to get parts online in USA.

The most of the spare parts for BD44 and BD38 is soon available for the US marked. Waiting for one more shipment, and it will be possible to get parts online in USA.

Does this mean single items such as the metal buttstock ferrule, front sight post and gas block will be available for purchase?

Guys, I cannot recommend Dingo highly enough - he has consistently come through for me!

Amongst the best experiences in internet buying I have ever had, multiple-deals now over quite a few years.

So, glad it is coming together, Dingo - you deserve all the success headed your way!

Guys, I cannot recommend Dingo highly enough - he has consistently come through for me!

Amongst the best experiences in internet buying I have ever had, multiple-deals now over quite a few years.

So, glad it is coming together, Dingo - you deserve all the success headed your way!

Thank you so much for this kind word s Pit.

Hello Dingo,

Are Complete Bolt Assemblies (Bolt, Firing Pin, Extractor, Spring) and Operating Rods available too for the BD44 and BD42H? Thanks.

This will be nice. I'm thinking of using a replacement op rod/ bolt in my ptr44. Never have had an issue with the numbered one but would be nice to keep the matching parts safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back