Third Party Press
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: PTR44 Semi-Auto MP44

Thanks for the heads up on the lee dies

Pete should be able to save the barrel, there have been numerous threads on saving demilled barrels lately

Default PTR44 Thoughts #8

Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the lee dies

Pete should be able to save the barrel, there have been numerous threads on saving demilled barrels lately
    From what I've heard about Pete, I bet he can.

Changing subjects, what's the consensus/view about ordering a part--say an operating rod through ebay--from Europe. Safe? Legal? I understand a license is needed for a gun--but what about one part through the mail? Phil

Quote Originally Posted by STG-Phil View Post
    From what I've heard about Pete, I bet he can.

Changing subjects, what's the consensus/view about ordering a part--say an operating rod through ebay--from Europe. Safe? Legal? I understand a license is needed for a gun--but what about one part through the mail? Phil
    touchy subject it depends on the seller most will not ship to the US, many Americans will not take the chance of purchasing and getting mixed up with the govt, both prudent thoughts. license is required for parts also

there is another school of thought, there are thousand upon thousands of packages going though customs, the chances of getting caught are like winning the lottery.

your on your own on how to proceed

Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    touchy subject it depends on the seller most will not ship to the US, many Americans will not take the chance of purchasing and getting mixed up with the govt, both prudent thoughts. license is required for parts also

there is another school of thought, there are thousand upon thousands of packages going though customs, the chances of getting caught are like winning the lottery.

your on your own on how to proceed
    No problems for me, I have ordered many things from Europe with Gun Broker over the years.
    HDH.

I ordered an op rod and many other parts from the EU and have not had a problem. Most off of GB, but some off of ebay.

From my research, it is a machine gun part. Therefore under us law, illegal to import unless licensed to do so.

I have decided not to mess with it as the risk of a felony is too great and not worth it.
    WTB: Mp44 accessories

Looking back in this tread and you might find answers you are looking fore in the new tread on importing SSD rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople View Post
    From my research, it is a machine gun part. Therefore under us law, illegal to import unless licensed to do so.

I have decided not to mess with it as the risk of a felony is too great and not worth it.
    Can you cite any law for that? I'm pretty sure that's not the case here. The ATF Form 6 is needed for some things, but only if wholesale value is above $100. Barrels and receivers are exceptions, of course.

Default MP44 FTF study

This is a good article about random feeding issues in MP44

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/what...by-john-cross/

On another note, I'm still looking for StG45(M) or Gerät06H drawings.

The most of the spare parts for BD44 and BD38 is soon available for the US marked. Waiting for one more shipment, and it will be possible to get parts online in USA.