Third Party Press
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 378

Thread: PTR44 Semi-Auto MP44

  1. #321
    Senior Member sprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up on the lee dies

    Pete should be able to save the barrel, there have been numerous threads on saving demilled barrels lately

  2. #322
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7

    Default PTR44 Thoughts #8

    Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the lee dies

    Pete should be able to save the barrel, there have been numerous threads on saving demilled barrels lately
    From what I've heard about Pete, I bet he can.

    Changing subjects, what's the consensus/view about ordering a part--say an operating rod through ebay--from Europe. Safe? Legal? I understand a license is needed for a gun--but what about one part through the mail? Phil

  3. #323
    Senior Member sprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STG-Phil View Post
    From what I've heard about Pete, I bet he can.

    Changing subjects, what's the consensus/view about ordering a part--say an operating rod through ebay--from Europe. Safe? Legal? I understand a license is needed for a gun--but what about one part through the mail? Phil
    touchy subject it depends on the seller most will not ship to the US, many Americans will not take the chance of purchasing and getting mixed up with the govt, both prudent thoughts. license is required for parts also

    there is another school of thought, there are thousand upon thousands of packages going though customs, the chances of getting caught are like winning the lottery.

    your on your own on how to proceed

  4. #324
    Senior Member Model's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    touchy subject it depends on the seller most will not ship to the US, many Americans will not take the chance of purchasing and getting mixed up with the govt, both prudent thoughts. license is required for parts also

    there is another school of thought, there are thousand upon thousands of packages going though customs, the chances of getting caught are like winning the lottery.

    your on your own on how to proceed
    No problems for me, I have ordered many things from Europe with Gun Broker over the years.
    HDH.

  5. #325
    Senior Member d dAY dOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    I ordered an op rod and many other parts from the EU and have not had a problem. Most off of GB, but some off of ebay.

  6. #326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    206

    Default

    From my research, it is a machine gun part. Therefore under us law, illegal to import unless licensed to do so.

    I have decided not to mess with it as the risk of a felony is too great and not worth it.
    WTB: Mp44 accessories

  7. #327
    Member dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    europe/ Kentucky
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Looking back in this tread and you might find answers you are looking fore in the new tread on importing SSD rifles.

  8. #328
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople View Post
    From my research, it is a machine gun part. Therefore under us law, illegal to import unless licensed to do so.

    I have decided not to mess with it as the risk of a felony is too great and not worth it.
    Can you cite any law for that? I'm pretty sure that's not the case here. The ATF Form 6 is needed for some things, but only if wholesale value is above $100. Barrels and receivers are exceptions, of course.

  9. #329
    Senior Member GunKraut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kommiefornia
    Posts
    1,365

    Default MP44 FTF study

    This is a good article about random feeding issues in MP44

    http://www.forgottenweapons.com/what...by-john-cross/

    On another note, I'm still looking for StG45(M) or Gerät06H drawings.

  10. #330
    Member dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    europe/ Kentucky
    Posts
    69

    Default

    The most of the spare parts for BD44 and BD38 is soon available for the US marked. Waiting for one more shipment, and it will be possible to get parts online in USA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •