Third Party Press
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: PTR44 Semi-Auto MP44

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr View Post
    I actually wouldn’t take your post with too much sarcasm if a trunnion was included...then one would “only” need a $10K shop setup to machine and pin a barrel, drop in an HK trigger pack. Of course then you’d still be missing the gas tube, hand guard, front sight base, bolt and carrier. God bless HMG for their aspirations but at this point they’re an embarrassment to American entrepreneurs.
    Yes, pure sarcasm. I also believe they had the best of intentions. But maybe I'm just naive?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Yes, pure sarcasm. I also believe they had the best of intentions. But maybe I'm just naive?
    I want Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons to make another video with them where they once more claim the Germans shimmed the MP44 locking shoulder with lead strips to correct head space.

Default lead shims????

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    I want Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons to make another video with them where they once more claim the Germans shimmed the MP44 locking shoulder with lead strips to correct head space.
    Glad you saw that too. I know I commented on it. Ian HAS to know better I'd think. Hard to know where that nugget of info came from.
    Pete

Default the description

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    The HMG STG44 does exist!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/780248718

But then again, so do farting unicorns (says Elon Musk):
    Wonder where that came from. Did anyone read the description? Buy the thing for 1.5 K or whatever, get from FFL it's sent to, send to HMG for a build. W T F ??
    C'mon Dingo, get those flats in country.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by shortfal View Post
    Wonder where that came from. Did anyone read the description? Buy the thing for 1.5 K or whatever, get from FFL it's sent to, send to HMG for a build. W T F ??
    C'mon Dingo, get those flats in country.
    Pete
    It's a Kommiefornia thing. The crooks running the state of CA first declared any centerfire rifle having a pistol grip and a detachable magazine an "Assault Weapon", then set a deadline for build date (December 2016) and another one for AW registration date (June 2018). Past the registration deadline, your rifle either needed to be "featureless" (i.e. adding a dumb looking shark fin to the grip to prevent clutching the grip) or converted to "fixed magazine" (you need to pop the action open in order to be able to eject the mag) or you need to get rid of the rifle altogether.

With the delay in production at HMG, apparently some Kommiefornia buyers convinced HMG to send them unfinished but serialized receivers so they could DROS the receivers before the build date deadline, then send the registered receiver back to HMG and have it completed into a rifle before the AW registration deadline. This did not work out as the registration deadline passed without HMG delivering. As the AW registration required submitting pictures of the entire rifle, but no completed rifle existed, the owners now have to write off the idea of having a HMG StG44 in AW configuration. Instead, they have to receive the rifle from HMG in either featureless or fixed magazine configuration. The auction doesn't state this.

Epic fail.

here we go the HMG abortion, it has Ian's finger prints all over it ( see the promo vid)

I had a running duel with the owners of this site over at Weaponsguild a few years back over this abortion. better yet, was the fact Ian could not defend himself as he is banned from WG. smart website. There is a lot I can say about Ian but mom always said if you cant say anything nice do not say anything.
    when I see someone re-post Ian videos, I already the skill level of the person posting

I wished and I expressed this with the owners of HMG that they shift gears and go traditional MP-44. they claimed they had a better/ more versatile product

oh well as Pete said Dingo get those flats out

So you fault Ian for promoting their product on his show?
    WTS: SMG Fg42, 3 mags and scope rings, $5,200.00

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople View Post
    So you fault Ian for promoting their product on his show?
    I think his buddy Karl is more behind pushing the HMG Trash seeing he wanted to use it in his In-Range tactical video's.
    HDH.

I’m just saying, HMG did very well with their reactive targets and their CETME-L kits. There was no reason to believe they would pork it wholesale on the STG clone. I don’t fault anyone for being excited about it. I fault HMG alone.

I personally enjoy Ian’s videos, and I don’t care if sprat thinks less of me for it. I also enjoy WG so whaddya gonna do.
    WTS: SMG Fg42, 3 mags and scope rings, $5,200.00

I like Ian but Karl does not impress me.
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.