Third Party Press

PTR44 Semi-Auto MP44

I paid $5500 last summer. Yay!!! Looks like it became a pissing match between two guys.

Brotha Wilhelm !!! Yep … saw the same thing. I took the time to add up the costs of what he listed and, depending on what he paid for the rifle itself, looks like he got his $ out of it.

I paid $5500 last summer. Yay!!! Looks like it became a pissing match between two guys.

I paid a shade more than $5500 but also got a WWII bolt, carrier, and mag included.

Was watching this auction DDay linked out of curiosity and was amazed it went so high...watch this bubble burst if anyone can crack the code on importing more SSD BD44's.

Tempting to list mine if the market is up so high but nah, I live by the philosophy of never selling guns from my collection.

I paid a shade more than $5500 but also got a WWII bolt, carrier, and mag included.

Was watching this auction DDay linked out of curiosity and was amazed it went so high...watch this bubble burst if anyone can crack the code on importing more SSD BD44's.

Tempting to list mine if the market is up so high but nah, I live by the philosophy of never selling guns from my collection.

Some guns I sold in the past and later regretted. I decided to never sell anything that couldn't be easily replaced if I wanted another like it.

Hi. Have anyone of you PTR44 owners ever seen the ATF approval letter on this gun? Anyone have a copy? Thanks . Dingo

letter

Hi. Have anyone of you PTR44 owners ever seen the ATF approval letter on this gun? Anyone have a copy? Thanks . Dingo

That's an interesting question. Would not the company that originally imported the rifles be the one to have that? Jerry at Recon might know about a letter but perhaps not as even though he sold the guns I did not think he was actually the importer.
I'd think you would know about all that.
Pete

That's an interesting question. Would not the company that originally imported the rifles be the one to have that? Jerry at Recon might know about a letter but perhaps not as even though he sold the guns I did not think he was actually the importer.
I'd think you would know about all that.
Pete

The PTR probably still have it, but I dont want to ask them. It makes it easyer to import some of the parts if I had the approval papers. Guess I have to wait with some of the parts

papers

The PTR probably still have it, but I dont want to ask them. It makes it easyer to import some of the parts if I had the approval papers. Guess I have to wait with some of the parts

Perhaps a PTR44 owner could contact PTR and state that he was concerned about his rifle having been legally imported and see if they would share the import info.
Could not hurt to try??
Pete

Hmm … I've never seen the approval letter. That's an interesting question and a document I would like to have. I'll call them and give it a whirl …

Hmm … I've never seen the approval letter. That's an interesting question and a document I would like to have. I'll call them and give it a whirl …
Hope you get it, did get the one on the 38 s that was imported.

Hi. I was tipped off about a livestream posted by HMG yesterday. HMG stated that they had been in contact with SSD/D-K Production group about working together on MP44 project. I can say that HMG have never been in contact with anyone in SSD or D-K Production, so the statement was incorrect. If HMG have been in contact with anyone, there are non in these 2 companies. We have never tried to contact HMG, and we have no desire to do so. The prices they was talking about is completely taken out of the air, since they are not calculated yet. Export from Germany is also not a problem, we now have 5 samples on the way from Germany that are going to ATF. Just wanted to point this out to you guys!. Dingo

Given HMG’s history and their downright fraudulent “Stg-44” debacle, I’m not surprised.

As to an accurate clone, are you planning to import and sell BD44s if/when they are approved?

Given HMG’s history and their downright fraudulent “Stg-44” debacle, I’m not surprised.

As to an accurate clone, are you planning to import and sell BD44s if/when they are approved?

Hi. A MP43/1, MP44, MP38, VG1-5 and our new pistol P18 is on the way from Germany for ATF testing together with 3 other models.

Last edited:
Hi. A MP43/1, MP44, MP38, VG1-5 and our new pistol P18 is on the way from Germany for ATF testing together with 3 other models.

Dingo - very good news, thanks. Even with the ATF bureaucracy, I’ll wager these will hit the US market before HMG’s tacticool abomination.

I just checked the HMG website, it says their rifle is in stock - is that NOT the case?

Hundreds of firearms enthusiasts have had them on pre-order since mid 2015. They said they were in stock then as well. There are some other forums I lurk on from time to time that have documented this debacle for years. Bottom line, HMG’s “sturmgewehr” is nothing more than vaporware, and now apparently they’re trying to drag the SSD and D-K Production group names into their mess, maybe to try and legitimize their project and keep buyers on the hook?

I’m sure others will chime in and say HMG has no place being mentioned in a PTR-44 thread and I agree. Just pretty shocked to see Dingo’s post about how they claimed to be working with his company.

I remember holding their prototype at shot show in 2015, or 16 can’t remember. What I do remember is the lack of quality, and that I personally wouldn’t show something that looked that bad even if it was just a prototype. I’m glad I did because I would have “bought one” and would be pissed now.

So instead I just drop fortunes on registered Mp44’s :googlie

Military Rifle Journal
Back