Third Party Press

VG1-5 project

An actuall gun manufacturer

So how many are following this project?

http://gunlab.net/gunlab-is-back-the-vg1-5-project/

I'd hoped for smgguns to do this (an actual gun manufacturer) but will take what I can get. :thumbsup:

I am not sure what to say about this comment. What is a real gun manufacturer? I have the 07 license so the fed's think I am one. I pay the taxes on the guns I make. I have made all the dies and have already made a complete gun. There are 60 receivers made and the remaining parts are being made every day. So now I am a little confused. A little clarification would be helpful.

No disrespect, but I mean a known, established gun maker who has built and sold guns (as an example SMGGUNS who makes/sells the FG42). You have to admit that from the website it appears that you are a hobbyist of sorts (although talented). I've seen your video reviews on guns before and they are entertaining. What other type of weapons do you sell/make? Feel free to fill us in as we watch your VG1-5 progress.

VG 1-5, Stg45

Have been working on it.

Best of luck with your projects! I hope you'll be able to complete both types as I know there are several people interested in seeing these. Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm assuming both types will have fluted chambers like the originals.

Just wanted to say that this is really cool! We looked at the VG15 but again the sheet metal was going to be a problem. If you have already got 60 rifles in the works then you are exceeding our production capacity! We are working on the type I right now and between that and the type II we have our hands full. Would love to - and may - do the stg 45 but from looking at this project, this mans version of that weapon would probably be closer to "correct" in the sheet metal parts dept than ours.

As well, I see people wanting original bits like the fluted chamber, roller delay locking, etc. and I have a penchant for wanting to "work around" those kinds of things. This comes from fond memories of reloading striated HK brass and reading the development nightmares/time spent getting the roller delay thing right - from end of WWII Germany through Spain and back to Germany - especially when trying to do so for anything but the SPECIFIC load/cartridge it was designed for.

Nope, I am trying to make them as close to possible but have no problem trying to make them more forgiving, easier to live with shooters as thats what we are.

And the dedication involved in getting sheet metal dies/parts made right and working together is what keeps a simpleton like me at arms length. : ) I admire this project and would be proud to call it my own. It would be cool to own one - whats the projected price? And alas, the truth is that we are just past a glorified garage shop now......... Thanks to all that shoot our products and keep us in business!

Rick

I had a chance to look at your FG-42 2nd model when you shipped one to forgotten weapons. I loved it. If I was not up to my eyeballs in debt on the vg1-5 project I would have bought one. Nice rifle.

making progress.

A little update on the project. I just posted the next entry at http://gunlab.net/. We are currently getting some tooling heat treated to do the next step. We are also trying to correct some problems that we have come across on making the bolt.
More updates to follow.

I've been watching, I'm impressed! I like that you are keeping the exterior as close as possible to the real thing, but appreciate the redesign on parts to make it easier to build/service. NICE JOB!!!

Thanks

Thanks. It is an interesting and fun project. The new tooling is back from heat treat. Hoping to get the rear top covers completed now.

Looks great Chuck. Val has been giving me updates on your progress with this project. Let me know when you do a demo; we will send you some tracer! Jim

Military Rifle Journal
Back