Third Party Press

WW2 Semi Auto clone makers / suppliers

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Thought I would make a sticky for the different companies that are making/selling reproduction versions of impossible to get semi-auto clones of WW2 weapons MG's. Feel free to add any you know of.

SMG Guns - www.smgguns.com (currently making the FG42 Type II and produces other semi-auto WW2 MG clones)

Gunlab.net - www.gunlab.net (currently developing VG1-5 and Stg45 models)

But are gunlab products going to be sold?? I'd pay dearly for an STG45. I asked about their stuff on Gunboards and they made it seem like they were making a few for a few people but were not really for sale.

Also, they seem to make a lot of bits and pieces but I get the idea they just jump around and never finish stuff. At least, they never seem to post finished products.

Last edited:
If that is indeed the case, I can't deal with anyone who operates like that anymore. I had to bug the guy who built my RPD (he said it would take about a month) for well over a year. No way I'd go through that stuff again.

Last edited:
Gunlab projects

With the amount of effort, material and machine time being spent on those projects I cannot imagine them not bringing them to a finish.
Pete

I'd love to get my hand on one of Mid-West Metals semi Mg-13's.

Finally got my MG13 kit together - I sent pictures of the kit as I bought it, and he said I was missing too many parts, have finally sourced them all - so next step is shipping to him - but not cheap build, definitely worth it though - from the reports I have heard.

Tnw mg34

Does anyone here own one of their MG34's? I would be interested in hearing about it. I would have to admit I have been tempted. Thanks.

Brian

I just read your query Brian. I have several of the TNW semi-auto MG34's. One is an all matching gun that I had them make a semi-auto receiver for with the same number (no additional fee). The big problem with the guns are that they need to be shot for about 100 rounds to get them loosened up. Once you understand how the trigger/striker system works the gun works great. I had one that the bolt firing pin release would not work right on and I returned it for a free fix. They are a real kick to shoot if you cannot afford or are allowed to have a full auto.
Harry

Would any of you have a recommendation for someone who could build a BD44/MP44 kit? I did talk to Pete Fleis a couple months ago, but he is no longer taking on new projects.

Would any of you have a recommendation for someone who could build a BD44/MP44 kit? I did talk to Pete Fleis a couple months ago, but he is no longer taking on new projects.
I would try Sean Prasky at Prasky Gun Works. He build a friend of mine a Bren and is currently putting together a DP28 for me. Great guy and is very detail oriented. However, I know he is getting backed up as well with the climate we are in. Good Luck!

I would try Sean Prasky at Prasky Gun Works. He build a friend of mine a Bren and is currently putting together a DP28 for me. Great guy and is very detail oriented. However, I know he is getting backed up as well with the climate we are in. Good Luck!
Thanks! I did talk to him late spring/early summer and he was backed up until August, now is backed up until the end of the year at the earliest. Seems like he knows what he is doing though, so as long as there is no AWB we'll be in good shape.

Sean has built me. Bren MKII semi and he just recharged out to say that it is ready to ship - however, I am currently in Budapest for a few more months, so will report back when stateside again.
He has a MKI kit in the works for me, too.

Military Rifle Journal
Back