Third Party Press

What is this Mauser tool?

RichUrich

I saw this Mauser tool on ebay and don't know what it is for or how used...

Attachments

• mvd6NhdLxj-Z4FLgVaPaulA.jpg
    mvd6NhdLxj-Z4FLgVaPaulA.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 135
This thread is very old and nevertheless I will write something, broken shell extractor is correct.

There are different versions of the broken shell extractor. The "Hülsenauszieher für M.G. und Handwaffen mit Kal. 7,9 mm" got already announced on March 15, 1939 in the Heeres Verordnungsblatt and could get requested by the Waffenmeister (armorer) from the responsible Heereszeugamt (HZa) since October 1939. It's classified as "Waffenmeistergerät" (armorer tool) and was part of the "Großen Waffenmeisterwerkzeugkasten für Maschinengewehre und Handwaffen" (large armorer tool kit for machine guns and hand weapons).

I have attached some pics of this armorer tool made by Mauser Berlin, it looks the same like the one above. Note the acceptance "26" and "Mod 98".

Regards,
Stephan

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 58
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 51
Stephan,
What would be the smallest military unit that would likely have an armourer assigned to it in WWll? Company, battalion, regiment???

Stephan,
What would be the smallest military unit that would likely have an armourer assigned to it in WWll? Company, battalion, regiment???

A Schützenkompanie einer Sperrdivision (company) in July 1944 had a Waffen- und Geräteunteroffizier (Weapon and equipment NCO) and was equipped with Waffenwerkstattgerät (weapon workshop tools), in this case two "Kleiner Waffenmeisterwerkzeugkasten" (small armorer tool kit). In addition they had spare parts boxes for the different weapons, as example one box Gewehr 41, two boxes MG 42 etc.

In the Regimentstroß (regiment baggage) and Bataillonstroß (bataillon baggage) was the Waffenmeisterpersonal (armorer staff), they was equipped with much more weapon workshop tools than on company level.

I'm not an expert, my informations are not complete and I still research in my documents. Maybe we should start a new thread where we can collect our informations?

A Schützenkompanie einer Sperrdivision (company) in July 1944 had a Waffen- und Geräteunteroffizier (Weapon and equipment NCO) and was equipped with Waffenwerkstattgerät (weapon workshop tools), in this case two "Kleiner Waffenmeisterwerkzeugkasten" (small armorer tool kit). In addition they had spare parts boxes for the different weapons, as example one box Gewehr 41, two boxes MG 42 etc.

In the Regimentstroß (regiment baggage) and Bataillonstroß (bataillon baggage) was the Waffenmeisterpersonal (armorer staff), they was equipped with much more weapon workshop tools than on company level.

I'm not an expert, my informations are not complete and I still research in my documents. Maybe we should start a new thread where we can collect our informations?

Thanks for posting this, I have been trying to research it myself, but my inability to read German, and the lack of translated documents had
me stymied.

Military Rifle Journal
Back