Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: FN HP holster

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,546

    Default FN HP holster

    Together with the SS ammo pouch this holster arrived today.
    Ink stamped "P35..." and WaA, black soft leather. NO maker markings or year.
    Is this an early / or late war holster?
    Thanks
    Wolfgang
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Baby Face RyanE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amberg View Post
    Together with the SS ammo pouch this holster arrived today.
    Ink stamped "P35..." and WaA, black soft leather. NO maker markings or year.
    Is this an early / or late war holster?
    Thanks
    Wolfgang
    I think this is probably one of the 1943 Radom P35(p) holsters made by Steyr.

    The ink-stamped 'bnz' and '1943' simply haven't survived.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Thanks.
    It survived all the years with a Belgian Army FN HP.

  4. #4
    Moderator - RIP denny gaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Ryan is correct - definitely a Radom/Steyr P35(p) holster.
    German designation for the HP was P640(b).
    WANTED TO REPURCHASE!! WALTHER PISTOL MODEL PP - AC CODE - Ser. No. 382000P
    REWARD FOR INFO ABOUT THIS PISTOL!!

  5. #5
    Baby Face RyanE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denny gaither View Post
    Ryan is correct - definitely a Radom/Steyr P35(p) holster.
    German designation for the HP was P640(b).
    True, but I think some of the bnz 1944 HP holsters are marked P35(b).

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Thanks!
    Manufacturing date would be 1943 or later. Right?

  7. #7
    Baby Face RyanE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amberg View Post
    Thanks!
    Manufacturing date would be 1943 or later. Right?
    Pretty sure this one is a 1943. I have not seen a 1944 stamped P35(p) bnz holster. I think Steyr was only inspecting them for other smaller manufacturers in 1943. I doubt Steyr was actually making leather goods.

    Photos of a 1944 bnz P35(b) holster. I have never owned one but I think the spare mag pouch is shaped differently from the Radom holster. Could be wrong about that...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Two more holsters I picked up this past weekend.
    Now I have them in black, dark brown and light brown.

    But why would Steyr produce any holsters for the belgian FN HP (P35 (b))?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Amberg; 01-19-2020 at 01:30 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Organizer Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanE View Post
    Pretty sure this one is a 1943. I have not seen a 1944 stamped P35(p) bnz holster. I think Steyr was only inspecting them for other smaller manufacturers in 1943. I doubt Steyr was actually making leather goods.

    Photos of a 1944 bnz P35(b) holster. I have never owned one but I think the spare mag pouch is shaped differently from the Radom holster. Could be wrong about that...
    I have the same holster. They were misstamped, it’s a holster for a Radom. There are no bnz coded holsters for the GP.35 in German service. A double stack GP.35 mag won’t fit in the spare mag pocket. A Radom mag fits perfectly.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I have the same holster. They were misstamped, it’s a holster for a Radom. There are no bnz coded holsters for the GP.35 in German service. A double stack GP.35 mag won’t fit in the spare mag pocket. A Radom mag fits perfectly.
    Ham, Is 100% correct the designation was inverted b instead of p. BILL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •