Third Party Press

WTS: EXCEPTIONAL German MG-42 Lafette w/optics and dummy MG-42

Hello fellow WWII enthusiasts and machine gunners!

Well, I need to raise some serious cash to buy a 2003 BMW R1150GS Adventure motorcycle. It's well used with 113,000 miles, but still a well maintained machine, and since I'm tight on money with a baby having just been born, the following is up for sale. THIS IS A PACKAGE DEAL. I will not sell ANY of these items separately. You buy it all, and sell off what you don't want. $4800.00 FIRM and buyer pays postage whatever that may be. This stuff is bulky and heavy and a PITA to box up. Hoping for a Minnesota buyer. Contact me for more info and pictures. Please bear in mind that the pictures taken below are 5 years old.

MG-42 Lafette and optics:
Lafette was completely rebuilt and primed/painted by Ryan Schnee, a quality job. Only paint scrapes on it are on the shell deflector from shooting with it, and many minor paint dings revealing red primer by handling it in the field... because I shoot my guns! It looks very lightly used now, not pristine factory new... like it should. New leather pads, and even the green translucent varnish is mostly remaining on the optics mount and other aluminum parts. SN 602a 1942... it's an early one, and in EXCEPTIONALLY shape. All German parts. Hand made repro carrying straps made from strong, no-stretch latigo.

Search fire unit cleaned and regreased by myself and functions perfectly. All vernier markings intact. Depth of fire plate a quality repro with strong lettering and no wear. External carriage roller eccentrics all properly adjusted by myself thanks to the armorer's manual provided by John Baum, so the internal carriage holding the MG-42 shoots straight and true and internal carriage operates the search fire unit properly.

Optics are crystal clear, and have 97% intact original paint with no rust. the small area on one side where paint is worn away exposes red primer only. Dial and numbers paint all intact and leveling bubbles are clear and good.

IMG_3547-2.jpg

MG-42NoSN-2-1.jpg

IMG_3594_zpsfb711583.jpg

LafetteFolded2_zpsb4f575d8.jpg

Uberschiesstafel_zps64f9ff0a.jpg

Backpad_zps2d119785.jpg

IMG_0548_zpsefa5e6bb.jpg

IMG_0537_zps81a9bf1d.jpg

Welded up dummy All German MG-42. (MG-42 in pics above is my old C&R gun... My friend Bob's got that now. Hi Bob!)
Bolt is welded in place within the rails, and a 3/4" rod is welded in front of it. Receiver is rewelded, but you would not notice the diagonal rewelds unless you look close in strong sunlight. I would say upon closer inspection this is NOT a candidate for rebuilding as a working gun since the fit of the top cover at the rear hints that the receiver is NOT PERFECTLY STRAIGHT. Barrel has a 1/2" long piece of rifling missing off one land 6" from muzzle internally, so I would not advise shooting with it. Stock is in great shape with not much wear & tear. Internals are all present as far as I can tell. I'm letting this go with the lafette since they look sexy together.

CIMG0675_zps7b89c29b.jpg

CIMG0664_zpsbff18e82.jpg

CIMG0667_zpsf313f2fd.jpg

CIMG0661_zps5e59ad99.jpg

CIMG0662_zps18a44103.jpg

CIMG0663_zps2fc1d27d.jpg

Thanks for your consideration, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS

Attachments

• Lafette and dummy MG42.zip
    94.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Darvis, First off.......congrats on the new baby on the way!!! It will be better than an MG42.:thumbsup:
Your gun looks awesome and so does the tripod. Someone will sure enjoy having that beauty.
Wish I were in the market for one, I don't think you could find a better deal anywhere.
Good luck with the sale, it likely won't last long at your asking price. It's a terrific setup you are offering there.
BTT, CaptMax

I have seen this setup in person a few years ago. It was at a gathering there in Redwing. Kurt you may not remember me, but I have to say it is a very nice rig, a buyer would not be disappointed! That '42 sure was nice also.

-Kevin

I have seen this setup in person a few years ago. It was at a gathering there in Redwing. Kurt you may not remember me, but I have to say it is a very nice rig, a buyer would not be disappointed! That '42 sure was nice also.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin! You coming to the 8th annual Redwing Machinegun Shoot I'm hosting in June 2014? This year we had three cars and a van to blow up.

Military Rifle Journal
Back