Third Party Press

Help confirming k98 identification

AND..... I found a complete stock with bands, german marked, for $150 shipped. Now were cookin'!!

So this isn't the perfect collectors piece, but I'm into it for $320. I have a shootable (this was important going into the project) piece with a little history. I really just wanted a war era, shootable rifle. That's all I was hoping for going into it.

I found the stock from a member at gunboards and I must say that folks on all of these forums have been great. I can't thank everyone enough for the knowledge they've shared!!

Attachments

• IMG_2674.JPG
    IMG_2674.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2676.JPG
    IMG_2676.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2673.JPG
    IMG_2673.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 21
AND..... I found a complete stock with bands, german marked, for $150 shipped. Now were cookin'!!

So this isn't the perfect collectors piece, but I'm into it for $320. I have a shootable (this was important going into the project) piece with a little history. I really just wanted a war era, shootable rifle. That's all I was hoping for going into it.

I found the stock from a member at gunboards and I must say that folks on all of these forums have been great. I can't thank everyone enough for the knowledge they've shared!!

:thumbsup:

Let us know how it shoots. You're well within the positive side, money wise. Russian captures sell for way more $ and are a lot less interesting.

Feel free to share any more images of the barrel code, 0,2 marking, etc. or anything else 'under the hood'.

:thumbsup:

Let us know how it shoots. You're well within the positive side, money wise. Russian captures sell for way more $ and are a lot less interesting.

Feel free to share any more images of the barrel code, 0,2 marking, etc. or anything else 'under the hood'.

When I get the stock in the mail I'll and do the tear down I'll bust out the DSLR and get photos of every mark, stamp, nick, and scratch on this sucker. Gotta have all the records in order. I'll be sure to post up the full lot for ya!!

Wow! You are WAY ahead on value now for sure. Sometimes things just fall together but in this case you’ve done REALLY well value wise! I will be looking forward to your analysis of how it shoots as well as the teardown pics. Congrats again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..this isn't the perfect collectors piece, but I'm into it for $320.

This used to be a very normal outcome before stock prices really shot up. Seems you had a bit of luck and some good fortune but as others said you're WAY ahead IMO compared to just buying something. If it does shoot well all the better. Looking forward to future reports but it's nice to see another returned to standard issued condition.

Those new pics are good. Excellent quality on zoom. I made some comment on the barrel I think is correct. We'll find out. I have some thoughts about the stock but I can say that's a 'unit mark' on the takedown disc. Maybe post that zoom on the Imperial forum here? I'm sure one of those guys can tell you exactly.

Those new pics are good. Excellent quality on zoom. I made some comment on the barrel I think is correct. We'll find out. I have some thoughts about the stock but I can say that's a 'unit mark' on the takedown disc. Maybe post that zoom on the Imperial forum here? I'm sure one of those guys can tell you exactly.

I really appreciate the info!! I'm having a blast learning all this good stuff!!

Military Rifle Journal
Back