Third Party Press

ZF4 Metal scope can

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
Metal scope can for the ZF4. Just picked this up from Darrin Weaver and thought I would share it with you gentlemen.

Attachments

• 13 (6).jpg
    13 (6).jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 13 (8).jpg
    13 (8).jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 13 (9).jpg
    13 (9).jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 13 (10).jpg
    13 (10).jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 13 (11).jpg
    13 (11).jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 13 (12).jpg
    13 (12).jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 13 (13).jpg
    13 (13).jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 13 (14).JPG
    13 (14).JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 13 (15).jpg
    13 (15).jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 128
Looks ok, post photos of bottom of can showing screws and a photo of the top surface of the can lid exterior. That will be a big help in confirming authenticity. The welded seam on the hinge side looks a little off...

Here are pictures of the top and bottom.

Attachments

• 13 (7).JPG
    13 (7).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 13 (16).JPG
    13 (16).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
You've got a good one there, Matt. Very nice condition. I find the dual number on the can interesting. Both the rifle and scope number. An early numbering process that fits right in with an early can. The scope number is very close to one I have listed in my dual numbered mount study (26654-2537). This makes it really tough on you now. You can't fill it with just any mount. You have to search for and fill with that dual numbered mount now!!!!!!!

You've got a good one there, Matt. Very nice condition. I find the dual number on the can interesting. Both the rifle and scope number. An early numbering process that fits right in with an early can. The scope number is very close to one I have listed in my dual numbered mount study (26654-2537). This makes it really tough on you now. You can't fill it with just any mount. You have to search for and fill with that dual numbered mount now!!!!!!!
I know. That is why I was telling you the other day that I need a duel numbered mount. I will get one eventually. Thanks!!!

Nice Example!!

Here are pictures of the top and bottom. What looks off about the hinge side? It is left over right and has the correct amount of spot welds. I would be stunned if this is fake. If it is then it fooled Darrin also. And he photo graphed it for his new book.

Thanks for the photos, your scope can is 100% after seeing your photos. The one thing that made me suspicious is the welded seam running down the side of the can does not quite centered which in most circumstances indicates a faked can. The lid and the bottom photos seal the deal and convinced me that you've got a nice one for your collection! Rare as rare can be and an early example to boot. There are a few things the fakers still can't quite get right but they are getting very close. Best of luck hunting down the scope and mount to match the can, that's going to be tough for sure, keep your eyes peeled! I've got one early scope mount matched to the scope but no matching can - I'm still looking though!

Congratulations!

Thanks for the photos, your scope can is 100% after seeing your photos. The one thing that made me suspicious is the welded seam running down the side of the can does not quite centered which in most circumstances indicates a faked can. The lid and the bottom photos seal the deal and convinced me that you've got a nice one for your collection! Rare as rare can be and an early example to boot. There are a few things the fakers still can't quite get right but they are getting very close. Best of luck hunting down the scope and mount to match the can, that's going to be tough for sure, keep your eyes peeled! I've got one early scope mount matched to the scope but no matching can - I'm still looking though!

Congratulations!

Thanks gergnotwen. I am not too worried about finding a scope and mount for it. I bought it more to go with my K43 sniper. If you would, please PM with what details you were looking for on the top and bottom of the can. I am unaware of which features too look for there. I know of a few others but want to learn more. Thanks for the help guys.

Military Rifle Journal
Back