Third Party Press

BAD Low Turret !!!!

Wanted anyone who maybe interested in this Low Turret to know that it is NOT Completely Factory Original Correct Low Turret . The Stock is a Sauer Stock and not correct it should have a WaA135 Proofed Stock and the description is also not correct . It is listed as a High Turret when in fact its a Low Turret .

https://simpsonltd.com/mauser-k98-high-turret-snipers-rifle-d13485/

I saw this as well. I'm amazed they don't know it is a Low Turret and also they don't know its a TURD. Kind of careless.

they are being fooled or just don't care.. either is non excusable being at their level or their perceived level.. but, who knows what most these uber dealers think these days...:googlie:facepalm:

IMHO they are not fools nor are they ignorant of the facts . Honestly they don't care its about the $$$$`s . I have seen similar scenario with them time and time again . It is up to the buyer to investigate and verify whether item is original or a Gomer`s Pile !!!!!!.

The saddest part is when dishonesty is called out at our forum or another , generally their first instinct is go into Attack Mode . Instead of saying they made a mistake or that they will correct the description after verify whats been pointed out . Fact is they got caught playing hide the weenie and their pissed . this is not the first time from them and I suspect it will not be the last either .

I sent them an email pointing out what was not correct and why , as I suspected I have yet to receive a reply .

IMHO they are not fools nor are they ignorant of the facts . Honestly they don't care its about the $$$$`s . I have seen similar scenario with them time and time again . It is up to the buyer to investigate and verify whether item is original or a Gomer`s Pile !!!!!!.

The saddest part is when dishonesty is called out at our forum or another , generally their first instinct is go into Attack Mode . Instead of saying they made a mistake or that they will correct the description after verify whats been pointed out . Fact is they got caught playing hide the weenie and their pissed . this is not the first time from them and I suspect it will not be the last either .

I sent them an email pointing out what was not correct and why , as I suspected I have yet to receive a reply .

The more things change , the more they remain the same.

I have to say thank you to all you gentlemen. I am glad I found this forum many many years ago after buying my first K98k. And meeting Mauser99 buying my next set of German long guns. Of course my relationship with Mauser99 has cost me big but you guys are a tremendous asset

I have gone out of my way in the past to alert dealers in the past telling them their items were humped only to be told otherwise.. My time is far to valuable to be wasted doing this and I'm done.. I do what I can do for the people who know me and who I help.. I understand honest mistakes can be made heck, I have made them . Owning up to it and making it right and admitting you were wrong takes integrity and does sting but , learn from it and move on.

The level of arrogance and deceit used by some dealers is unprecedented. The higher the dollar value the worse it gets.

The term "buyer beware" has to be taken literally.. Also an un-educated buyer is a dealers best friend.. Items cost $$$$ most educations can be free but take time and effort... M2cents

agreed

I say this all the time and until the mods say otherwise I will continue

research, research, research the info here is free, the advice is free, going to shows on weekends a learning experience.

this was posted by a new comer last month his response was "I do not have time for that" and disappeared

look at all the humped junk posted here lately gullible is not the word, its lack of research, lazy is the word no sympathy from me

they see those nazi eagles and wow they got a ww2 collector mauser or whatever .

dealers well thats another story

I have gone out of my way in the past to alert dealers in the past telling them their items were humped only to be told otherwise.. My time is far to valuable to be wasted doing this and I'm done.. I do what I can do for the people who know me and who I help.. I understand honest mistakes can be made heck, I have made them . Owning up to it and making it right and admitting you were wrong takes integrity and does sting but , learn from it and move on.

The level of arrogance and deceit used by some dealers is unprecedented. The higher the dollar value the worse it gets.

The term "buyer beware" has to be taken literally.. Also an un-educated buyer is a dealers best friend.. Items cost $$$$ most educations can be free but take time and effort... M2cents

You need to recognize the level of ignorance of the buyers at large as well. Too many simply go with the money spent justifies it so.... and of course they bought the story and not the gun , and lastly the "reputable" source the got it from means you are a POS naysayer. Been there done that and am burned out on all the toads that won't listen - they can and wont see the forest for the trees.

You need to recognize the level of ignorance of the buyers at large as well. Too many simply go with the money spent justifies it so.... and of course they bought the story and not the gun , and lastly the "reputable" source the got it from means you are a POS naysayer.....

Indeed! Here's a recent sale, as described by the seller.... but maybe written by the consigner. Now these sellers are generalists (not just guns, but they do all collectables)...

byf43 zf41.... Serial #_______. Barrel length 24". Caliber 8mm. Made in 1943. Bridge is stamped byf (Mauser-Werke AG, Oberndorf a./N) along with 43 for date of mfg. Original Scope mount stamped duv (Berlin-Luebecker Maschinenfabriken, Werk Luebeck) with Waffenampt 214. The original ZF long eye relief scope is stamped dow -ZF 1/1. Matching serial numbers on bolt release frame, safety (2) , bolt, nose cap, floor plate and trigger guard. No import stamp. Right side of walnut stock and base all have Waffenampt stamps including WaA135. Waffenampt and Nazi stamps on frame and barrel. Metal retains 90% arsenal blue starting to drift with butter smooth patina. All legends are sharp. Optics are standard line and post and quite clear. Bore is excellent. Comes with leather sling. There is not a single visible stamped number that does not match. This is one nice 98K sniper rifle. C&R...

This description is pretty "informative", but how accurate? I can add my opinion that the ... cartouches are fake, small A10 stamped in the keel, sling is post war, WaA 135 in stock looks fresh and a tad wonky.... and the scope is wobbly when mounted... this one sold for 4200 including the premium. Maybe I missed an opportunity...

So what happens to these guns, (and who is buying these)?? Are they held so deeply in collections of guys who have too much money, that they never surface again?

Again, my disclaimer that this is my opinion, and it clearly differs from the sellers description.

Attachments

• Fresh.eagle.jpg
    Fresh.eagle.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Fresh,TD.disk.jpg
    Fresh,TD.disk.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 34

Military Rifle Journal
Back