Third Party Press

Pawn Stars/Craig Gottleib

jack944

I was watching Pawn Stars and I almost passed out when I saw Craig come on the screen to be a gun expert....... :faint:

I think it is time to start selling and get out of this stuff.....

Although he's been linked to some questionable dealings, he's portrayed as a militaria expert in the media.

Just take a trip over to Wermacht Awards Forum (WAF) and do a search on him. I don't think he has done the hobby any favors! Personally, if it is offer by Gottlieb, I WOULD PASS!
Ron

I was watching Pawn Stars and I almost passed out when I saw Craig come on the screen to be a gun expert....... :faint:

I think it is time to start selling and get out of this stuff.....

Hey Jack you sure it wasnt American Restoration? I remember seeing him on there for some old black powder rifle some guy brought in to be "restored". Atleast Craig told them it would be a bad idea to have it "restored"

He was on one show (Pawn Stars) doing the possible Hatfield and McCoy 1892 Winchester
and was on another show (2 guys buying the unclaimed contents in rental storage unit) appraising Training M16's with the laser/receiver outfit.

Yah I noticed that last week also..

I thought perhaps he had been coming on for awhile and I just hadnt seen him because I dont watch religiously...so I assumed it was common knowledge...guess I cauight his debut appearance...

For what it is worth,his opinion and semi worthless.

He said "it could be the rifle",but couldnt verify it,and said what it could be worth if it was.

Hell...I could have offered that opinion from my couch and been just as accurate as him.....his opinions are like a weather forcast..."maybe,maybe not"...what an asswipe

He is quite the self promoter, etc., :googlie

If I had to bet money I'd say whatever it is he was called in to ID was known before the cameras rolled. They could have gotten anyone off the street to simply pose as an "expert" and parrot what they were told it was. I personally would not rely upon his firearms' opinions from what I've seen or know.

Military Rifle Journal
Back