Third Party Press

Post Card

grimlin13

I have had this post card in my collection for some time and figured I should share it here. Not a rare subject but , this post card is different from all the others I have or have seen. Take a look and see if you can tell what that difference is. Also any opinions or thoughts are welcome.

Attachments

• Oath post card.jpg
    Oath post card.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Oath post card back.jpg
    Oath post card back.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 56
Why are they holding their hands like that? Is that how you held your hand there to take an oath?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is that the time that the Army (at the time Reichswehr) was required to make their swear to AH? This was done 2 August 1934 and afterwards. Judging by some of the helmets anyway.

I figure the photo was taken early in the Third Reich period judging by some of the helmets as well. Civilians can be seen in background standing on a (hill?) watching the big event. The printing on back is what I believe was a photo shop and its address. Looked up the address, the building is still there but I do not think it is a photo shop any longer. Now the difference with this post card is, it was printed on Kodak paper. I have been told the Germans did not use Kodak paper during WWII. So either it was printed pre-war or the person (soldier) who took the photo was not able to get it printed until after the war ended. Has anyone seen this photo before(like mass produced)? Does anyone have any Third Reich era photos/post cards printed on Kodak paper? Any and all opinions are welcome.

Last edited:
Pre war photo card

Most likely a pre-war photo card. I hope that Officer wiped those fingerprints off of that blade before he put the sword away!!

Military Rifle Journal
Back