Third Party Press

Found a K98 I want to buy and I need help.

d0lphan72

F66859C5-755E-4088-96A2-672B46C5F828.jpg0F3EC65E-02C7-4726-A595-A5F717D7E9FF.jpgI found a K98 I really like but want to know I’m getting good value. He’s asking 675 including tax. It’s a RC but doesn’t have the X in it, it also still has all the waffenamts. The bore and action are in great shape. The tip of the bore passed the bullet test with flying colors. There’s no rust and the rifling looks clean. It’s an AR43 but a lot of the parts are mismatching. I had to sneak a few pictures but here are the numbers.

Stock-7908
Action-7908
The bolt has 3 separate numbers on it. 3613-8230-8452.
Front of the gun is 5622.

Good deal or no? Any other info I should find out?

Last edited:
The price is decent for a RC rifle according to latest sales. I guess the deciding factor would be condition of parts, wood and metal. Some RC rifles are excellent cond., others not so much. And an ar43 is not encountered every day. It looks from the photo to be "original" RC condition which is a plus. Bottom line is if you like it, go for it. And everyone prices things "expecting to haggle" Throw an offer of 600 at them to see what sticks.

The price is decent for a RC rifle according to latest sales. I guess the deciding factor would be condition of parts, wood and metal. Some RC rifles are excellent cond., others not so much. And an ar43 is not encountered every day. It looks from the photo to be "original" RC condition which is a plus. Bottom line is if you like it, go for it.

I’ve looked at a lot of K98ks and this one is in great shape. No issues with the stock, no rust. Everything is great

The only thing that matters now is YOUR opinion. It looks good for what it is, a typical RC. In unmessed with condition from what I see.

Military Rifle Journal
Back