Third Party Press

S/147 1936, No "Mod. 98" Matching

I've been pondering how this rifle could have been humped up. Clearly the original stock had been heavily sanded, but otherwise the rifle is 100% matching. So - at some point someone found a good 1936 era Sauer stock loose for this fraud.

The removal of numbers on the keel is not impossible, In my eyes you don't need to remove much to get it out and restamp it. Scrubbing stock channels isn't as easy, and the faker didn't take as much time on that aspect. The worst part is the lower stock numbers had to have been purpose made for this fake, those fonts and letter stamps are not something you get randomly. So, this is a higher end fake from someone who knows what they are doing, which is scary.

Wait a minute the seller "No more 98K" is the same one that took an original 1940 337 that I bought off GunBroker and cleaned and humped the stock. I believe his name was Frank and I think he lives in California.

He's the same gentleman that sold the bad BSW rifle as well and was called out for it

S/147 1936, No "Mod. 98" Matching

Is that shitbag the one who sold that rifle here? If he has an account here I want his username. Or did someone buy it from him off Gunbroker? That explains it, he’s using Norwegian stocks. If you look, the mag well is usually extended in those and there will be a gap. Good job remembering that Jordan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s really nice. Multiple major hump jobs. His name is Frank. I still have all his information. Last name, address, phone number. I screen shot information when I WON the auction on gunbroker. I even talked to him on the phone. Like most crooks he was really nice on the phone and he shipped the rifle before my check even made it to San Diego. It was all too good to be true. Unfortunately it’s going be a lesson for me to learn in this new interest of mine. Thanks to all that contributed to shedding light on this BS.

I had a feeling that was him Frank's sold me 1940 337 code back in like 2016. That rifle was originally bought before and it was totally 100% original and when it came up for sale again. I was happy to bid on it because I missed out on it the last time it was sold. But when I received it I could tell the stock had been cleaned and the markings had been enhanced I ended up selling that to a friend of mine in Louisiana for exactly what I had in it. Frank was actually pretty pissed about that sale because he paid well over $2,000 for it and on top of that found a matching cleaning rod for it. When I won the auction I paid like $1,600 for it. I could tell he was pissed because when he shipped it he did a piss-poor packing job with it.

Frank was hoping to flip that rifle with his enhancements for like three to four thousand dollars it ended up back firing on him.

I will try to post pictures of that rifle later today because the cleaning techniques and color of the stock matches the same with this right rifle.

..Frank was hoping to flip that rifle with his enhancements for like three to four thousand dollars it ended up back firing on him.

I for one am very happy to hear that. If there's one thing that can stop flippers it's that... losing money. Especially significant amounts of money. Outing humpers helps too and may even contribute to the money losing once word gets out on the street about that particular turd. Anyone remember the hot potato a few years ago? Owned at one time by a shop in Houston? owned by 2 guys? That sucker sold like 3 times in less than 2 years for less money every time IIRC. Once it made the news on Gunboards it was all over but the crying.

..the cleaning techniques and color of the stock matches the same with this right rifle.

Like the Clinton, MS effect? Every rifle has the same color and tone, metal and wood. Every one.

Here's some of the pictures of the 337 1940 k98k that Frank sold me. Glad I was able to find these pictures.

Attachments

• 1940 337 k98k 057.jpg
    1940 337 k98k 057.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 1940 337 k98k 056.jpg
    1940 337 k98k 056.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 1940 337 k98k 054.jpg
    1940 337 k98k 054.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 1940 337 k98k 053.jpg
    1940 337 k98k 053.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 1940 337 k98k 051.jpg
    1940 337 k98k 051.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 51
I think it was a Frank in California behind the BSW outed on Dave's forum several years ago. It too was very good work and difficult to lockdown. I think another rifle of his was discussed there around the same time. I think Dave stickied the BSW thread, but I haven't been there recently.

All my opinions of course: Yes, the same Frank from Kalifornia who humped that BSW. That needs to be resurrected and posted here. He's back at it? This is hilarious: I forgot about that 337 auction, forgot to bid, and he got the rifle for $1850. I contacted him and offered him $300 more as I knew he was going to flip it. He told me it was easily worth $3000 and basically played games and laughed at me. I wanted to save it from his wanking as it was untouched, with old dried grease, dirt, grime, and air rust (easily removed with a wiping) and told him so and reminded him about getting busted humping that BSW. Well, up it comes again for auction and I would have bid $1850, but ole Frank decided to put one over on me and blocked me as a bidder. As a result, Warrior got it for $1550 or something.:laugh: so Frank the Rifle Flipping Wank took an immediate $300 beating right out the gate. It also had a rod that matched in his auction which is a Gustloff rod, perfectly matched in condition, wear, and last two digits. Totally original matching early Gustloff rod that looks like it was always with the rifle. I'm not so sure it wasn't with the original rifle somehow, but if it wasn't, bravo, that's a $100+ rod, so Frank gets a $400 beating. I emailed him and thanked him for blocking my bidding because it meant that I got the rifle for $1650 from Warrior, he took a $400+ beating, and saved me from paying $2150 to him ;)

On the 337, the stock wasn't sanded or bleached. I think he just gently cleaned it. None of the metal was pimped, but the grime and dirt (likely postwar grime and dirt) were cleaned out of the stock. In hand it looks different from the pics a bit. Are the markings enhanced or were they protected by the grime and dried grease on the original rifle that he cleaned off? He would have to have an exact set of WaA749 stamps or simply painstakingly, with a magnifying glass, picked out the stamps. I looked at the original auction pics, before he got it, and the stamps look pretty similar. I just looked at it as scratches and if I want to press those markings out more that's easy enough to do, so I won't. Very happy with the rifle, thanks Warrior, and while Frank the Rifle Wanker owned it briefly, that it was rescued from him and he took a $400+ beating on the K98k wanking and flipping he's doing make it a favorite. I smile when I look at it.

I thought Frank had given up on K98k wanking after that, hence the "No More 98ks" Gunbonker handle?

Last edited:
..I emailed him and thanked him for blocking my bidding because it meant that I got the rifle for $1650 from Warrior, he took a $400+ beating, and saved me from paying $2150 to him ;)

That's awesome Ham!! Congrats and I love a happy ending.. except for his wanking a$$.

I am not thinking this is a happy ending. Not to hold the bag on one of these deals. I would like knock on his door.......

Yes I didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry for you Jory and I understand the feeling to want to appear in person and choke the living shite out of the dude. Got it. I meant Ham/Warrior putting the wood to him at the flip. I love when they lose hundreds or more trying to be a shitbag. THAT is good stuff IMHO.

The people who don't know about them don't do their homework. This one was a bit slippery, but there are signs once you start looking. An in hand is sometimes necessary. I would say that because fraud is apparently involved I would demand a refund.

That's awesome Ham!! Congrats and I love a happy ending.. except for his wanking a$$.

Yep HM. That was the event that apparently caused him to change his Gunbonker awkshun name to "No More 98ks" or whatever. Apparently we weren't lucky and he was still wanking K98ks up into 2019.

Military Rifle Journal
Back