Third Party Press

Soooo cool! K43 ac45 d block

:thumbsup:

I agree! Super, super nice d block!!!!! Neat that you have two d blocks. I have that one in my listings twice; once on 01-10-2010 and the other time on 11-21-2015.....and today’s entry, so 3 now.

I know in ‘10 it was in TX so I have probably seen this rifle in person at some point as it was at the Dallas Market Hall gun show at least one time.

Seems like in ‘15 I was watching this auction too. I can’t remember now.

Did this one have the buttstock accessories, or does it now? If it did I don’t have that info listed. Thanks.

Sooo, now you need a matching P.38 ac45; either in the b or c block and a matching PP late war blank slide “ac” stamped pistol to go with these d block rifles. Oh man you would have an incredible thing (don’t know another word for it) then! Yeah, that would be freak’in awsome with those together! You have the hard to find part of that equasion; the two d block rifles. The pistols would only be a difficult fraction to find compared to those rifles. And, a fraction of the cost compared to the rifles.

Last edited:
No problem, I was referring to the rare experimental low light night sights that supposedly there is only one other known example, and I believe the other one was featured in Hitlers Garrands. Don’t get me wrong while d blocks are not rare an unissued unmessed with example that is all correct, and all matching as we all know is very difficult to find. I have been fortunate to obtain 2 examples. They are out there, and do come available from time to time.

I agree! Super, super nice d block!!!!! Neat that you have two d blocks. I have that one in my listings twice; once on 01-10-2010 and the other time on 11-21-2015.....and today’s entry, so 3 now.

I know in ‘10 it was in TX so I have probably seen this rifle in person at some point as it was at the Dallas Market Hall gun show at least one time.

Seems like in ‘15 I was watching this auction too. I can’t remember now.

Did this one have the buttstock accessories, or does it now? If it did I don’t have that info listed. Thanks.

Sooo, now you need a matching P.38 ac45; either in the b or c block and a matching PP late war blank slide “ac” stamped pistol to go with these d block rifles. Oh man you would have an incredible thing (don’t know another word for it) then! Yeah, that would be freak’in awsome with those together! You have the hard to find part of that equasion; the two d block rifles. The pistols would only be a difficult fraction to find compared to those rifles. And, a fraction of the cost compared to the rifles.

I do have a real nice ac 45 a block P-38, and yes it would be awesome to have the whole Enchilada !!

Nice rifles, I like 1680 a lot. Apologies since you know what an untouched rifle looks like, just doesn’t give a good impression when you’ve connected “rare and unissued” with something that’s been “cleaned and pimped”.

What else doesn't give a good impression is when you say "cartouches." These are found on temple walls in Egypt. What are seen on war time rifles are inspection/acceptance stamps. A good friend here also taught me the importance of knowing the difference between an inspection proof and a firing proof.

I do have a real nice ac 45 a block P-38, and yes it would be awesome to have the whole Enchilada !!

Here is a photo of 3 unissued ac45 K43’s shipped home from the Vet. I believe a member from the old G43 forum bought all 3 sold 2 to other members at that time, and kept 1. He later needed some money for some property, and sold the 1 he had left to I believe a current member. He has been trying to locate the owner of the one that has the capture papers listing all 3 Rifles so he can get a copy. The serial numbers are believed to be 1206b, and 1199b, and 9302c.

Attachments

• DE575A6E-FD86-42A5-82D7-491EE5836DBC.jpeg
    DE575A6E-FD86-42A5-82D7-491EE5836DBC.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
What else doesn't give a good impression is when you say "cartouches." These are found on temple walls in Egypt. What are seen on war time rifles are inspection/acceptance stamps. A good friend here also taught me the importance of knowing the difference between an inspection proof and a firing proof.

You got me there Matt, even wrongly I’ve grown accustomed to it being used as a synonym for any stamp in wood. As to the rest, I don’t know where you’re getting that from except potentially out of context or a misunderstanding but thanks buddy :thumbsup:

I wore Matt out for a few weeks about calling everything a proof, I think he’s comparing it. Loewe is the one that straightened me out. [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got me there Matt, even wrongly I’ve grown accustomed to it being used as a synonym for any stamp in wood. As to the rest, I don’t know where you’re getting that from except potentially out of context or a misunderstanding but thanks buddy :thumbsup:

The second part is not at you. Just made me think about how we say firing proof a lot when referring to inspection proofs. As we become more advanced collectors the little things bug us more. Sometimes I hate listening to people talk at gun shows. " Yeah that's a nice Nazi Mauser there with the Nazi eagle cartouches."

Here is a photo of 3 unissued ac45 K43’s shipped home from the Vet. I believe a member from the old G43 forum bought all 3 sold 2 to other members at that time, and kept 1. He later needed some money for some property, and sold the 1 he had left to I believe a current member. He has been trying to locate the owner of the one that has the capture papers listing all 3 Rifles so he can get a copy. The serial numbers are believed to be 1206b, and 1199b, and 9302c.

Oh yeah. I’ve been keeping an eye out for them to assist the current owner; or last known owner. Don’t know if who I have listed is the current owner of the “known one” or not. It would be great to get all that back together. Hopefully some jackass didn’t Gobber them up with sandpaper or a red dot scope or some crazy crap like that!

A P.38 ac45 a block is just as good as a b or c block. You’ll notice that the a block (if it’s early) will usually have a darker finish and the b and c blocks have a lighter blued finish. It’s interesting when you put a dark a block with a b/c block together.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I’ve been keeping an eye out for them to assist the current owner; or last known owner. Don’t know if who I have listed is the current owner of the “known one” or not. It would be great to get all that back together. Hopefully some jackass didn’t Gobber them up with sandpaper or a red dot scope or some crazy crap like that!

A P.38 ac45 a block is just as good as a b or c block. You’ll notice that the a block (if it’s early) will usually have a darker finish and the b and c blocks have a lighter blued finish. It’s interesting when you put a dark a block with a b/c block together.

A Vet from Arizona shipped home 6 unissued K43’s, and ended up selling 5 of the 6, and kept one for himself. The serial number of one of these Rifles is suppose to be 1819d. Do you have anything on this one ?

A Vet from Arizona shipped home 6 unissued K43’s, and ended up selling 5 of the 6, and kept one for himself. The serial number of one of these Rifles is suppose to be 1819d. Do you have anything on this one ?

I don’t have anything on that one. I will add it to my listings and if you have any more info on it or the others that it came with I can notify the owner.

I checked Claus’ serial number listings too and he doesn’t have it either.

The second part is not at you. Just made me think about how we say firing proof a lot when referring to inspection proofs. As we become more advanced collectors the little things bug us more. Sometimes I hate listening to people talk at gun shows. " Yeah that's a nice Nazi Mauser there with the Nazi eagle cartouches."

"Cartouche" is the vernacular used on the CMP and US milsurp forums for any stamp or proof. My d block is missing it's final acceptance proof on the stock, However it's present on Robber3s 2233d block. I have "final acceptance proof envy".

Well......here’s the actual definition:

car·touche
/kärˈto͞oSH/Submit
noun
plural noun: cartouches
a carved tablet or drawing representing a scroll with rolled-up ends, used ornamentally or bearing an inscription.
ARCHAEOLOGY
an oval or oblong enclosing a group of Egyptian hieroglyphs, typically representing the name and title of a monarch.

"Cartouche" is the vernacular used on the CMP and US milsurp forums for any stamp or proof. My d block is missing it's final acceptance proof on the stock, However it's present on Robber3s 2233d block. I have "final acceptance proof envy".

Silly, but there are collectors who wouldn't buy your rifle because it is missing the final.

Silly, but there are collectors who wouldn't buy your rifle because it is missing the final.

Uneducated collectors. I have one and I know it’s original and unsanded. In fact, I requested from the seller photos of that area of the stock to make sure it was okay. It has the milling marks in the wood to positively confirm there never was a final e/359 there.

D block price

For some reason, I thought the selling price tag was in the $5k range. But, I'm not at my listings so I don't know that for sure. It was getting pretty high for the time, so I stopped bidding. It very well could have been in the $4.5k range, but for some reason I am thinking it went higher.

Tiger 2 Tank, I finally looked up the price I paid for it, and it was...... $4358.33 !!

Rick

Okay and thanks. Puts a price on what these were running for future references.

I am not sure exactly sure what the criteria is for making a post a sticky, but this one has had over 4,100 views, and continues to grow. Their seems to be a lot of interest in it . Maybe Brian or Canadian AR can chime in.

It’s “stickied”, but it needs to also be in the picture reference. One of the nicest out there I would think and excellent reference.

Military Rifle Journal
Back