Third Party Press

G43 expert help needed with Fire control group.

Fresh

Yesterday I sat down to install a set of new springs for the FCG in my G43

Simple enough as it doesn’t look very complicated, as I’ve been working with firearms for many years should only take about 10 minutes or so.

Well I was wrong, so uninstalled the stock springs and then started to install the new springs and the rest of the control group.

The magazine release installed easy, no issue. The issue started to come from installing the hammer and sear group.

Installed the hammer with new spring and inserted pin, assembled the sear and spring and placed it inside the housing compressing the spring arms in the slots on the pivoting arm of the sear.

Now for some reason the holes are not lining up, what I mean is when the safety is on and the safety plunger is out the sear pinhole won’t line up.

If I disengage the safety and the plunger recesses I can move the sear arm down and the holes line up, letting me out the pin in.

But this causes the safety plunger to be covered and cannot engage. Obviously an issue.

What am I doing wrong?

The hammer is seated in the correct position and lines up with holes fine, it seems the sear hits the bottom of the hammer not allowing it to sit in the correct position for the sear to be in a spot that it won’t block the safety plunger.

I’m perplexed and could use to g43 expert help.

Some pictures to help visualize

Top view looking down, hammer spring legs seated on sear pivot/grooves.

3677-AE4-B-568-B-498-F-AA45-4513-ED79947-A.jpg

Side view of sear arm not lining up when it’s in the position it should be to allow the safety to engage.

B3-CF5868-4-C91-4525-A43-F-747-D124-EBED0.jpg

Side view when I release the safety and am able to pivot the sear arm in place to insert pin fully. This causes the arm to block the plunger.

A702866-B-BB8-A-49-F2-AB46-427854-CB291-B.jpg

Hammer and spring how I have it setup, is this the correct orientation of the spring?

A6186-D40-DAE4-4599-8615-D84-CF53-C707-B.jpg

Any help will be appreciated, losing my mind over this. And it’s probably something extremely stupid I’m over looking.

In your pictures, you can see a spring in every round window. In the link and picture below, you can only see the springs in two windows. You might want to check this.

https://claus.espeholt.dk/exploded_view_g43.html

K43ac457523.jpg

That’s because the trigger is not in place , the 3rd window spring leg sits on the trigger when it’s installed.
That’s why in those pictures it’s not visible.
I had it all installed and it had no effect on why the sear is not lining up above the plunger. Something isn’t in or positioned right but I can’t seem to figure it out.

Just an FYI I figured out that for the sere pin to line up, you need to cock the hammer fully so it catches the sere /disconnector, and the pin will line up.

Apparently the art of reinstalling a G43 FCG was lost in the third Reich mass document destruction. As no one alive today knew how to do this...

I am restoring two AC-44's and that is one hell of a trigger system to install. I dont know if the large holes are there for a specific purpose, but I used them to put a screwdriver through to hold down the hammer spring when putting the sear assembly in. Glad you figured it out though.

I was speaking with Rob Applegate and got on the subject of triggers, he said that he has come across some rifles with mixed trigger groups have fitting issues. I initially thought that may have been the case with yours, but you found the problem. Is your trigger group Walther (358) or BLM (214)?

I am restoring two AC-44's and that is one hell of a trigger system to install. I dont know if the large holes are there for a specific purpose, but I used them to put a screwdriver through to hold down the hammer spring when putting the sear assembly in. Glad you figured it out though.

I was speaking with Rob Applegate and got on the subject of triggers, he said that he has come across some rifles with mixed trigger groups have fitting issues. I initially thought that may have been the case with yours, but you found the problem. Is your trigger group Walther (358) or BLM (214)?

It’s BLM. Marked.

Military Rifle Journal
Back