Third Party Press

Fake poorly made G33/40

Warrior1354

ax - hole
This goes too show you fakers and humpers will fake anything too make a dollar. This POS is a poorly made fake too give you a example. Personally we all owe DaveDavis a case of beer for finding this rare Notzi carbine! It makes a good laugh for everybody. Normally fakes like this are easy too spot and almost should never take advantage of someone who knows better. Unfortunately many out there don't know better and possible may think this is some rare carbine.

Don't believe me I watched a buyer spend almost $800 last week on a POS interarms chopped up 1950s Mauser becasue the description said "Presumably used to arm a Third Reich police agency, this carbine may have seen service as a trainer prior to the war, before ultimately being issued to a Volkssturm unit. An unusual weapon that appears to have seen a long service history through three important periods, this weapon is an outstanding find for the dedicated Mauser collector."

See what I mean for some reason BS sells rifles. And it still does we watch new videos of our old buddy Big Ben sell expensive junk too buyers all the time.

So enjoy the laugh guys I almost spit my beer out when I saw it for sale.

Attachments

• shite.jpg
    shite.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 189
  • shite 2.jpg
    shite 2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 206
  • shite 3.jpg
    shite 3.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 162
  • shite 4.jpg
    shite 4.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 174
  • shite 5.jpg
    shite 5.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 175
  • shite 6.jpg
    shite 6.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 171
The Schiller Park Scheißewerke strikes again! He's definitely holding the crown as the current turdmeister.

.."Presumably used to arm a Third Reich police agency, this carbine may have seen service as a trainer prior to the war, before ultimately being issued to a Volkssturm unit. An unusual weapon that appears to have seen a long service history through three important periods, this weapon is an outstanding find for the dedicated Mauser collector."

I watched that fiasco play out too. His 'stories' have cost a lot of people a lot of money IMHO. One rifle recently he wrote about 3 paragraphs (mostly all BS) and that rifle 'sold' for somewhere north of double retail.

Thanks for the post Warrior. Hard to believe some jump in with both feet and fork out a wad of cash before checking out a 98s originality. Too many "impulse" buys often. I guess as long as 98ks continue to rise in value the more faked BS is going to hit the market. I can't imagine how many have gotten burned through lack of knowledge and ignorance on the subject.

Many people Remfan. I watched a fake rifle last year and early this year take four buyers. It was a fake duel code and year. A complete fantasy piece that doesn't even exist. Fake capture papers too.

That rifle has taken thousands of dollars from four people that didn't know any better and didn't take the time too research.

Too be honest I see many, many poor fakes that a season collector could spot very easily. But their are others out there they are pretty good if your not careful. Always remember look closely at a rifle, keep the horse blinders off, do your research, when it doubt ask for a second oplioion from fellow collectors, and go with your gut.

Some laugh at the whole gut thing. But every time I didn't go with my gut it has bitten me in the a$$ over the years.

... when it doubt ask for a second oplioion from fellow collectors, and go with your gut.

Some laugh at the whole gut thing. But every time I didn't go with my gut it has bitten me in the a$$ over the years.

FWIW... if I need 15 minute to decide... and am waffling/ standing at a table looking it over... then (my gut is telling me) no. I try to follow the 15 min rule (or maybe 10 min).

That's it Dave. What more do you need? Fake capture papers??

Yes and with a cool story!

This German rifle listed for sale is a Rare Nazi Jager Marine Paratrooper SS special forces Panzergrenadier mountain troop carbine! Taken out of a burning half track after being shot up by a M2 Browning!

The former owner who was killed was Jager Marine Paratrooper SS special forces Panzergrenadier mountain troop Commander. His rank was Sergeant major General colonel commander of the Southern forces in Greece of the secret Gestapo police special task force unit code named the Fuhrers hand!

Last edited:
Yes and with a cool story!

This German rifle listed for sale is a Rare Nazi Jager Marine Paratrooper SS special forces Panzergrenadier mountain troop carbine! Taken out of a burning half track after being shot up by a M2 Browning!

The former owner who was killed was Jager Marine Paratrooper SS special forces Panzergrenadier mountain troop Commander. His rank was Sergeant major General colonel commander of the Southern forces in Greece of the secret Gestapo police special task force unit code named the Fuhrers hand!

That story reminds me of Eddie Murphy from Trading Places... So sad that many a novice Gewehr collector gets taken by the fakeoramas.. I'm grateful I got schooled before my teens by some knowledgeable and generous collectors!

Solid advice.
I've also just gone with my gut on some auction items when conventional wisdom would have cast some doubt on certain rifles because of unusual and very atypical attributes. Once I had the rifle in hand, it was clear I had made a good decision to buy.

Pat

Interesting I spent a while looking at this gun broker, as I have a soft spot for the G33's - I was turned off by a few things, the wood looked like it had been in a house fire and the receiver looked spotless - then when I pulled up the pictures it was just a real mess.

Thanks for posting,

My favorite minute build detail is the use some how?? of an allen wrench in the takedown disc through tube. I wonder if that is actually an externally threaded tube.

Military Rifle Journal
Back