Third Party Press

MP44 Flat?

top rib

Interesting those museum pieces have the top rib prior to folding. Note the verticle ribs that are in the very front of a MP and the round pressed in spot at the rear of the receiver block area are not there. The part of the Sturmgewehr book that shows info. re the receiver mentions
"recalibration" as one of the manufacturing steps. I always kind of thought those ribs and the round spot were pressed in after the block was installed into the folded flat, not before. Doing that would require a pressing setup beyond the folding. Best case would be a die set of some sort.
Pete

Last edited:
Hey Dingo

Hi Dingo,
Is dkproductiongroup still around?

I am in need of a BD44 Stock pin. Tried to order one from the website but it gives me page not found when trying to check out

Hi Dingo,
Is dkproductiongroup still around?

I am in need of a BD44 Stock pin. Tried to order one from the website but it gives me page not found when trying to check out

you can use H&K G-3 stock pin they are all over the internet, or try RTG

might since they the G-3 and cetme derive from the same gun MP-44, I can only say from experience and from other postings the G-3 pin is the same plentiful and cheap

I complained on this forum about the really poor quality reproduction pins sold on GB and Ebay - the sprung-steel breaks, pops out of its position, bends.
Sprat recommended the G3 pin, it's a few MM long, but, rock-solid, I've had no issues with thousands of rounds.

Just to double check, They have two sizes at RTG. I assume the larger size is the one that fits? Not that they re all that expensive at $2.50 each

how about ordering both and take one for the team and return the one that does not fit for $ 2.50 if you have a MP-44 or PTR 44 you can afford the $ 5.00 & shipping

Took one for the team. Ordered 2 stock pins from RTG because I need 2. One of my originals was bent making take down for cleaning not fun, the other has a broken spring, and will work its way out when used. These G3 pins won't work though. They're too short. You can see here it doesn't go through far enough for the retainer spring to do its job. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_2666.jpg
    IMG_2666.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2665.jpg
    IMG_2665.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 25
Hi. I am working on a trip to USA, and import on flats. How many would be interested in a MP44 flat? Email me on the web shop or sent a pm on this forum. Thanks D

Hi. I am working on the price now. If the custom tax is the same as before, a guestimate will be around the same as a MP5 flat ( 150-160 ). We will sell a bending tool to, that will press the top ribb on the flat to. The tool will be about 50-60. working on trunnions to. It is a little hard to know the exact prices without knowing shipping and taxes. D

Wow those look cool! And at an amazing price..... Would love to know how you do small scale stampings with that price point. Want to do some stampings for us?

Military Rifle Journal
Back