Third Party Press

1939 27 Luftwaffe Contract

I had trouble finding one to take photos of for the book too. Nice one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan, that's a great rifle and I'm glad you got this one, congrats! :happy0180:

You are right, I'm happy about these stock photos and the new data. It's a difficult to find code and year, I know much more examples from 1938 and 1940 production.

I think the rifle was assembled around October 1939, the stock completion date code is "Kr 7 26 39" and it means July 2, 1939, suits very well to this serial number range. The name and date on the wood behind the buttplate is interesting because it's July 20, 1941. Maybe it's the name of a unit armorer NCO?

@Heavy
Have you already posted your "27 1940"? I don't know a rifle with the code "Kr 7 50 39", is your rifle around the "e" block?

Jordan, that's a great rifle and I'm glad you got this one, congrats! :happy0180:

You are right, I'm happy about these stock photos and the new data. It's a difficult to find code and year, I know much more examples from 1938 and 1940 production.

I think the rifle was assembled around October 1939, the stock completion date code is "Kr 7 26 39" and it means July 2, 1939, suits very well to this serial number range. The name and date on the wood behind the buttplate is interesting because it's July 20, 1941. Maybe it's the name of a unit armorer NCO?

@Heavy
Have you already posted your "27 1940"? I don't know a rifle with the code "Kr 7 50 39", is your rifle around the "e" block?

Stephan, don't know if you have any data from mine...but I have a "l" block 39, and 2 1938 S/27's...

And not to mention, thats a damned fine rifle Jordan!

27/1939 k

Thanks for sharing your nice rifle. It is great to see one so close to mine 4440 k is listed in the sticky up above. My stock code is BU 2 25 39. Mine is also L coded on the stock. After going back and reading what I reported I see I didn't list that. Now I want to get it out of storage and check under the buttplate. I don't think I did after seeing it was dated inside the stock.

Super nice! Congrats on that pickup. So it looks like you have nothing e/37 on your rifle. Acceptance and 4 digit serial on the band spring is the same as my '40 even though mine is e/37. Is your cleaning rod nut accepted? Only part I can think of that possibly was not made 'in house'. Great rifle and really good pictures too! Interesting to me is your stock is Kr 7th day 26th week of 39 and mine is Kr 7th day of 50th week of 39. Definitely stickie worthy!!

Yes the cleaning Rod nut is accepted and made by Erma the one picture I forgot to post well it's going to be posted now. And Stephan I'm glad you really enjoyed this rifle I'm very happy to help with your studies and research.

Attachments

• 20190904_191658.jpg
    20190904_191658.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 45
I had trouble finding one to take photos of for the book too. Nice one!

Thanks Mike but you have to take some credit for it you did encourage me to make that trade deal happen! I'll be honest this was the first really nice 1939 27 K98k rifle that was all matching without problems that I was able to get my hands on. I found one other a few years ago with a heavily sanded stock and a mismatched bolt. Truth be told I don't really even see alot of 1939 made rifles really around either. The only other all matching factory example I have is the 1939 337 in my collection.

And speaking of that a friend of mine found another 1939 337 last month out of a very old collection. He may sell it to me but I think he's quite fond of it right now. But you never know I may have two 1939 337 rifles in my collection one day!

Thanks Mike but you have to take some credit for it you did encourage me to make that trade deal happen!

Helping other people spend money on stuff is my favorite thing buddy!!

Yes the cleaning Rod nut is accepted and made by Erma the one picture I forgot to post well it's going to be posted now.

I do think it was the one picture you missed. On the other hand that rifle is truly made 'in house'... literally every part I think.

Thanks for sharing your nice rifle. It is great to see one so close to mine 4440 k is listed in the sticky up above. My stock code is BU 2 25 39. Mine is also L coded on the stock. After going back and reading what I reported I see I didn't list that. Now I want to get it out of storage and check under the buttplate. I don't think I did after seeing it was dated inside the stock.

Is your stock completion date code "Bu 2 25 39" or "Bu 3 25 39"? The code is often very hard to read and it's only a difference of one day, but I am very pedantic. Is the "P" marking visible at the stock?

@Heavy
Thank you very much, somehow I missed your rifle and now I have added your rifle with the data. With Erma/Feima I'm not so good with the dates and block groups because I don't have so much data.

@pzjgr
I don't have 1939 "l" block stock data, it would be great to get it from you and it's the same with the S/27 1938. The serial number is very very important, the stock completion date code and the presence of the "P" or "K" marking.

You know it's a very hard code/date to find because since the site has been here this is the first one we've had to add to the pic sticky section.

Has this been added to the sticky section yet? Luft rifles are my fave!

Military Rifle Journal
Back