Third Party Press

BCD 43 walk in matching

George R.

Just got it BCD 43 bbl code avk 57 43 bys and some arrow marking see close up, all matching not d/cut. nice unmolested rifle. anyone need specific info let me know. GR

Attachments

• DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 661
  • DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 648
  • DSC00018.jpg
    DSC00018.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 602
  • DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 672
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC00019.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 576
Awesome looking rifle George! I've never seen that marking on the barrel before.

bcd 43 walk in

George:
Sweet looking rifle! Just the condition that you like to see them in.
Thanks for posting/pics.
Bob

1995. that's the year i got married. that would make a great anniversary gift for her :laugh:

Very nice honest rifle George. I'd like to pic sticky it as a bcd 43 for reference, would like some pics of the floorplate, triggerguard numbers, maybe a couple more if you get time.

As for that marking, it isn't British. My bet is it is period German. Could it be an accuracy marking or something denoting some specific use, such as for sighting in on sighting machine or other such use? It was obviously done after the barrel was indexed.

Cheers,
HB

Very nice honest rifle George. I'd like to pic sticky it as a bcd 43 for reference, would like some pics of the floorplate, triggerguard numbers, maybe a couple more if you get time.

As for that marking, it isn't British. My bet is it is period German. Could it be an accuracy marking or something denoting some specific use, such as for sighting in on sighting machine or other such use? It was obviously done after the barrel was indexed.

Cheers,
HB
Ham I'll get some detail shots when it quits raining. GR

:thumbsup:

Not a bad score for skipping the trip eh geroge. I was waiting to hear back from ya on the BC becasue I was curious if had that mark. Thanks for posting it up.

M, Ive only seen that mark one other time, but perhaps others have seen it before. I'll post the pic of mine. I think its period as well. We may have to wait for the BC master to chime in.

You really want to see neat bcd barrel code mark, see if JP will post his.

attachment.php

Attachments

• barrel code.jpg
    barrel code.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
George,

Very nice. The stock is great and barrel markings very interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

TA it would appear that it is for mid BCD 43 letter blocks, Matt has the same as do a couple of others. I personally have never seen it before, this is a T suffix rifle.

Ham more pics. The ejector is numbered to the rifle also, milled follower not sn'd or proofed, all sight ladder parts are sn'd with 4 digits except the slider last 2. Bayo lug just a 1 proof,need anything else just ask. GR

Attachments

• DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00025.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00028.jpg
    DSC00028.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 125
Thats a sweet one GR.

I remember you telling me about it. Great to see pics of her up on the forum.

I notice that the TG has what appears to be a pantographed "q" makers code on it. Is this right?

If so, do you think thats correctly marked as "q" or did a worker make a mistake , and it should have been a "d" ?

Thanks for posting it.

The "d" looks like a "q" because the serial strayed into the code.

The arrow, is imo, a trademark of some sort for Ruhrstahl Bielefeld (avk) as bys (Witten) only supplied blanks and raw forgings. The waffenamt e/13 is proper for Ruhrstahl's facility at Bielefeld & Brackwede, - not sure of what the waffenamt for Witten would be, if they had a team (have to find a finished product of a firm located there. Witten is a considerable distance SW of Bielefeld & Brackwede)

It might be a trademark for the firm overall, as Ruhrstahl was formed in 1930 from 4 smaller, struggling steel mills, - along with Edelstahlwerke. Both owned by VSt which itself was a consolidation of several large firms designed to rationalize the German steel industry (make it more competitive- it worked very well) in the mid-1920's.

Anyway, very little is known about these smaller firms, from this period. I found it very hard to find company literature, advertising on these newly created steel firms when I worked on the barrel study.
All this and more will be covered in the series on the “Sachsengruppe”, of which Ruhrstahl was a part. Hopefully by then I will have uncovered some period material on their logo’s/trademark.

Thanks George. Info on the trademark is appreciated too Simson. As it is indexed on the bottom on the other examples it would not be applied after the barrel was assembled to the reciever :facepalm:

Thanks to Bruce, I have been in contact with JonS and I have been pumping him for information! Just a wealth of information!

Perhaps, with time, we can figure out, with certainty, if this is a trademark. I think it is, but not "all" Ruhrstahl finished barrels have this marking.
Many do, but not all, - sort of like the BLM "Gates" or "Bat" which is found on BLM barrel occasionally. Which seems to be attributable to "Lübeck" as they use a similar gate as a symbol.

Many curious things regarding barrels, - FN is a whole other story- tons odd oddball business there too.

Military Rifle Journal
Back