Third Party Press

1939 42 code

Boston399

Greetings All,

I acquired this piece for 1000 beans at a gun show in September. I would like to consult the experts to find out more information on the rifle and whether or not I was misled. I was told that it’s a vet bringback, and there is indeed a duffle cut and no import marking of any sort on the rifle. The sling also appears original but I can find no other markings other than L&F on the clasp. It is a bolt m/m rifle. Attached are some photos (don’t mind the gloves, I had just oiled the rifle and did not want to do it again lol).Thank you for your time!

I think you did well. That’s a nice collectible rifle. At a purchase price of 1,000 you got a nice deal as bolt m/m aren’t even 1,000 dollars these days.

I really like it. $1000 was a bargain for an honest bolt mismatch like that. Very nice rifle, a real looker in that walnut stock!

Thank you for sharing

I have an all matching 1938 "42" with a 7318 serial number. The serial number stampings on your rifle look nearly the same on the parts that you show when replacing my "3" for your "0". Your stock is a really nice piece.

Thank you for the feedback folks, I really appreciate it! Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the sling? The only marking I found is the “L&F” on the buckle, which you can see in the photos.

Thank you for the feedback folks, I really appreciate it! Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the sling? The only marking I found is the “L&F” on the buckle, which you can see in the photos.
Sling looks to be an honest original. Many times markings are missing due to wear, excess oil, and age. This is a good reference to use when looking over your sling for additional markings: https://www.bergflak.com/slings.html

All I can add is the metal marked L&F is for Linden&Funk Sling looks good to me. Think ya did OK on price.

Military Rifle Journal
Back