Third Party Press

1940 G33/40 Receiver markings

ekafant

Hello all. I have a 1940 G33/40 that I have owned for 5 years. It is a fairly original, except the bolt, which is the correct one for the rifle, but not matching. Stock has never been screwed with, matches in number and patina. I believe it is a bring back, only going by the sling which has been there a long time. Anyway, I noticed that there is not an acceptance stamp on the right side of the receiver. I have looked at some pictures, and it seems like, according to the year, that these marks on the right side varied according to whether its 1940, 41, or 42 dated. Seems as though a couple of pictures I saw of 1940s there were not any waffenamts on the right side, but not sure. Stock has a total of 7 waffenamts though. Should there be an acceptance stamp on the right side of the receiver?

Let me edit my own post here. Looked very closely again, with strong reading glasses, and there is a very light "3" that I can see, with a VERY faint outline of the waffenamt. The "3" must be the tail end of the mark. Very lightly struck and then worn down over time? The rest of the receiver markings are there and strong.

Military Rifle Journal
Back