268.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I was asked about this scope. I believe it is fake also.

Brian, you should save the pictures and post them in this thread. Otherwise it is wasted for future reference. Then I'll add it to our Turd Alert Sticky thread.

I was asked about this scope. I believe it is fake also.

Brian, you should save the pictures and post them in this thread. Otherwise it is wasted for future reference. Then I'll add it to our Turd Alert Sticky thread.

OK. Yes the pictures will eventually disappear unless they are posted. Added to first post.

Last edited:
Something Funking has been done to front end of the Scope . The overall Length of the Front Tube is not correct and I think the Front Lens Bell has been replaced . The Scope itself is by no means 100% Original IMHO . Screw that hold front bell on is incorrect and it should be on underside .

Attachments

• DSC02968.jpg
    DSC02968.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC02969.jpg
    DSC02969.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02970.jpg
    DSC02970.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC02960.jpg
    DSC02960.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 47
Sold last night for US $1,380.00

Attached eBay listing screenshot for future reference

Attachments

• eBay_FakeScopeListing_01.jpg
    eBay_FakeScopeListing_01.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 53
Sold last night for US $1,380.00

Attached eBay listing screenshot for future reference

Thanks for posting the screen shot.

Not a bad price really if the buyer knew they were buying a reproduction. This scope would look good on a shooter.

So I just had the new owner of this scope set email me asking if it is original. I directed him to this thread in hopes that he will join us here.

This is why posts like this can be good.

Too bad. I am a collector and would not give $5 for this. I know it is worth the sum of it’s parts, which is close to what it sold for. Just no interest in stuff like this unless it is original anymore.

Too bad. I am a collector and would not give $5 for this. I know it is worth the sum of it’s parts, which is close to what it sold for. Just no interest in stuff like this unless it is original anymore.

Yeah a set like this has no collector value. The value is all in being a shooter example.

Here is what I told the new owner in an email. Perhaps some of you can comment on what you didn't like about the scope for further education.

Some reasons why I don't like it: Bases are fake, the e/135 on the rear base is too large, front base is not consistent in construction with originals. The serial number on the front ring does not look original, font is not correct and spacing looks off. The scope it self has a very late serial number. Most turret scopes are on the early 70k range. And the font and + placement is not consistent with known originals. Maybe a post war scope.

The seller is known for faking stuff and bare in mind that all the top snipers collector in the US and Europe were watching this and chose not to buy it. An original set would have sold for $3,000. The price it sold for seems to reflect how collectors felt about it.

Edit: I found some other high turrets bmj scopes in the 85k range. Serial number is ok.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back