Third Party Press

First Gew98 - Matching DWM 1916 - CC Blovk

Good snag, I'm partial to DWMs-- they kept high quality pretty consistently through the war.

Nice looking piece of walnut on it too.

Looks like the pin is clipped?

Damn, I really got to stop coming up against you in auctions:LOL:. I saw that one online but couldn't attend the preview and they didn't send me any pictures so I wasn't going to take a big chance on it. Congrats, looks like a nice one, DWMs always seemed high quality to me. How's the bore on it? Hopefully, I'll manage to snag a Gewehr 98 soon (sorry Chris, legacy sold that one you pointed me to before I received my renewed C&R in the mail).

Good snag, I'm partial to DWMs-- they kept high quality pretty consistently through the war.

Nice looking piece of walnut on it too.

Looks like the pin is clipped?
Pin is clipped. I was told it came out of a local museum that went defunct in the 80's.

I appreciate your help on this one!

Don Schlickman is going to fix the original pin for me.

Last edited:
Damn, I really got to stop coming up against you in auctions:LOL:. I saw that one online but couldn't attend the preview and they didn't send me any pictures so I wasn't going to take a big chance on it. Congrats, looks like a nice one, DWMs always seemed high quality to me. How's the bore on it? Hopefully, I'll manage to snag a Gewehr 98 soon (sorry Chris, legacy sold that one you pointed me to before I received my renewed C&R in the mail).
So you're the guy jacking me around from "lake in the woods" ;)

Haha yeah ive been known to not quit on auctions, especially on nice pieces. After the preview it was game on.

Keep your eyes on the trader. I may let it go. Just dosent tickle my fancy like a matching 98k. I thought it would.

So you're the guy jacking me around from "lake in the woods" ;)

Haha yeah ive been known to not quit on auctions, especially on nice pieces. After the preview it was game on.

Keep your eyes on the trader. I may let it go. Just dosent tickle my fancy like a matching 98k. I thought it would.
I wasn't going to overcommit to something I only have 5 pics of but thought I'd take a chance on it if no one bid though you obviously had your eyes set on it.

I wouldn't be so quick to let it go, matching Gewehr 98s are much more uncommon than matching K98ks especially in nice shape like yours. Gewehr 98s often seem to have had a rougher time on the front compared to K98ks, finding them matching and in decent shape is quite the feat. But I'll keep an eye on the trader all the same ;)

Military Rifle Journal
Back