Third Party Press

G/k 43 Zf4 scope position.

Rvincen4

Hello all!!

New member here and I’ve been looking through the posts here and I couldn’t find any that would answer my question. I recently purchased a repo scope and mount for my g43. I was under the impression that the Zf4 scope was centered over the barrel but the one I received is offset to the right of the barrel. If this is correct then all is right in my world but if not then I will need to start the return process and try again. Hopefully the picture will explain better than me on what I mean.

Attachments

• 0570E561-211E-4B58-AC6A-7D4D40F173D4.jpeg
    0570E561-211E-4B58-AC6A-7D4D40F173D4.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 22
Original mounts, thus repro mounts as well, are/were not centered over the barrel, nor were most scoped US military rifles. You should be fine.
The problem I've had with repro mounts is many times they are shorter than an original mounts which results in clearance issues
with the travel of the bolt carrier. Some band adjustment can help but if it's too short it's a no-go.
Your's looks good to go. Sometimes the repro mounts are off axis with the barrel/bore and require shimming between the scope and mount under the band on one end or the other.
Again, you look fine. You'll find out the rest when/if you try to zero it.
Still, all looks good.

Military Rifle Journal
Back