Third Party Press

G33/40 stocks

oldpilot2

New member looking for information on G33/40 stocks. I am looking to expand my collection to include a G33/40. I like original, non refinished, matching numbers examples. I see one advertised on occasion and recently one on Gun Broker. The one on Gun Broker doesn't seem to have any takers and I'm thinking it's because the stock has been refurbished into matching numbers. Sellar doesn't have much history and doesn't respond to questions. What markings should I expect to be on the stock. Were the serial numbers stamped on the bottom of the spine externally? I see three waffenamps on the right side and two on the bottom by the grip on some stocks. Should all have that? All 63? The top one only numbers not WAA63? Handguard internally serialized? 945 codes can be either walnut or laminated? I have lots of questions any information would help.

Attached are some photos of my G33/40 with some extra stock details shown. It is a correct bolt although a mismatch. The stock matches the receiver and stamped on the inside spine. Good luck. Mine is blast to shoot... literally a large muzzle blast!

IMG_8403.jpgIMG_8404.jpgIMG_8405.jpgIMG_8411.jpgIMG_8412.jpgIMG_8414.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8413.jpg
    IMG_8413.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 31
Very nice, thanks for the reply with pics for information. Is the stock also serialized on the inside as well as exterior on the spine? Does the serial number on the inside of the handguard run parallel to the length or across from side to side? Thanks again.

Yes the inside of the stock is serialized as well. The complete serial number (6933 b) is inside just behind where the rear band is and runs lengthwise (parallel) to the stock. The hand guard serial number (complete again 6933 b) runs across (from side to side). I'm curious to see what you come up with.

Military Rifle Journal
Back