Third Party Press

German dress bayonet question!!

Booger44

I have a Heers dress bayonet that is marked Richard ABR. Herder and made in Solingen. I don’t have a sheath for it. I can find very little (nothing) on the net about the dress bayo except ads for sale. No history, manufactures, etc. I would like to know more about them.
I’m making an assumption here and that is that they are not covered under the normal history of the K98k bayonet info. I did find a listing for Richard Herder under the K98k bayonet info with a code of clc but since mine doesn’t have that code on it, I figure that’s just for theK 98k bayonet models. Also, does the dress bayonet take the normal K98k sheath? Thanks!!

KS98 is well documented even here in forum, or You could buy Yourself a book about german sidearms, in WW2 exist only dress KS98 versions used for walking out. The scabbard for KS98 is different to service S84/98 scabbard, much lighter and black painted in most cases. Rich.Abr.Herder is well known Solingen producer made both types S84/98nA in WW1 and S84/98 in WW2 same as KS98 dress versions.

When and if you get a scabbard for your Ks98 be aware that there two variations in blade length. A long version with a 9 7/8ths inch blade and a short version with a 7 7/8ths inch blade. So be sure to get the right length scabbard.

KS98 is well documented even here in forum, or You could buy Yourself a book about german sidearms, in WW2 exist only dress KS98 versions used for walking out. The scabbard for KS98 is different to service S84/98 scabbard, much lighter and black painted in most cases. Rich.Abr.Herder is well known Solingen producer made both types S84/98nA in WW1 and S84/98 in WW2 same as KS98 dress versions.
Thank you!!!
When and if you get a scabbard for your Ks98 be aware that there two variations in blade length. A long version with a 9 7/8ths inch blade and a short version with a 7 7/8ths inch blade. So be sure to get the right length scabbard.
thank you. Except for length, are the scabbards the same as for the S84/98 bayonet?

Military Rifle Journal
Back