Third Party Press

Hi All

Squiffy

Hi all
I`m Squiffy from the UK, new to the K98, but have now secured one, and have realised a childhood dream.

My test question to you all is `I have 45` K98, and it seems to have a second sling point on the stock, any info ?

Attachments

• k98.jpg
    k98.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 31
Ay up squiffy and welcome! Where abouts you from in blighty?there's a few of us from the uk on here,I'm in Derbyshire.Let me tell you that this is THE BEST place to learn about mausers and much much more,the folks here are experts and very friendly too.The knowledge here is unbeatable.They dont stand for any BS either which is great.As for your rifle if I remember correctly the stock mod was done by the French but don't quote me on that,I'm sure someone else will give you their two cents. Post more pics of all the markings on your rifle if you can:thumbsup:

Hey Squiffy, welcome. I'm new to the forum myself and just purchased my first K98. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and the members seem pretty cool.

Definitely a post war French sling modification. The French took control over the Mauser Oberndorf factory and resumed production on K98k rifles. Is your 45 rifle a BYF45 an Svw45 or?

Welcome aboard, more photos will help a lot for a good assessment of it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back