Third Party Press

Just found BSW Model W 625B

KKW22cal

Just picked up the last .22 caliber variant of the 625 Series at the Allentown Show. Just want to show her off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 35
I took it to the range, I think it shoots well. There are between fifty and sixty shots per target. All targets were at a distance of 25 yards. I would have tried shooting at a longer distance but 25 yards is the max distance at that indoor range.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 16
Congratulations! I know you have been looking for a while. That is a very nice example. I was at the show too on Sat, if I knew you were there we could have met up to say hi.

Last edited:
Mauser 202 do you go to the show often? I try to go to the show every time it is on. Just let me know if you are going to the next one.

Yes, I usually go to them all, stop to see m99 to either get a great deal or great advice on a potential purchase or at the very least learn something about lids or optics;-)

Then our paths might have crossed. I spend a lot of time at that table as well. Picked up a Mauser DSM-36 as well. Will post pictures as soon as I take them.

Congratulations on such a good rifle. I feel a healthy envy for being so far from those wonderful gun shows.
Congratulations !!!!!!

Now I am going to try to determine the proper stacking rod for this rifle. It is my understanding that the BSW Model W 625B is a transition model that could use either the short Simson stacking Rod or a DSM-34 stacking rod. I ordered some reproduction DSM-34 stacking rods and I can get a Simson stacking Rod off a rifle that is not complete. I was wondering if I could figure out what rod should go into the rifle by the depth of the hole in the rifle. Here are some measurements of several of my rifles. I used a wire to take the depth measurements.

Simson Model W 625. 1 and 7/8 inches
Simson Model W 625A 1 and 3/4 inches
BSW Model W 625B. 5 and 1/2 inches. The one I am trying to figure out
Simson DSM-34. 2 and 3/4 inches
Mauser DSM-34. 2 and 3/4 inches

The other rifles seem to follow a pattern but of course the one I am trying to figure out does not. The reproduction rods came in today but they did not go in very easily. Before I did anything else I wanted to hear other people's opinion.

Very nice rifle! The W625 series are notorious for having inconsistencies in features as various changes to its design were introduced. Several different "design changes" would appear on a few rifles, then an older style part will show up again for a while intermittently on a few rifles before the transition was complete. Were it not for the consistency, chronologically, of serial numbers on the guns from this firm, dating any of them would be impossible. You have the right approach in measuring depth of the hole---best thing that can be done in this case. Thanks for sharing the photos!
Steve

Nice rifle and good shooting KKW. Nice to finally meet the guy I always see buying the .22s!! I brought the Geco home only to discover it was consecutively numbered to the Greco I found last year at Allentown. I too took it to the range on a nice day but discovered the rear sight leaf was slightly bent, but have since solved that problem

I have to admit, I do like those .22's. Glad that you were able to fix the Geco. That is a maker that I am still looking for. Found one in NC at the Gun and Knife Show but it was all sort of buggered up. Like shooting everything i own. Hope to be at the Allentown Show in February.

Military Rifle Journal
Back