Third Party Press

K98 COF 44 Bayonet

Hello everyone, I came to this forum because I have a question about a K98 bayonet and I hope to find information or an answer here. This is a K98 COF 44 with a plate between the handle and the sheath. My question is what the function of this part is. Please look carefully at the photos, all information is welcome and appreciated.

New to this forum, hope I'm doing it right!

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image 2 .png
    image 2 .png
    126.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image 3 .png
    image 3 .png
    116.1 KB · Views: 40
  • image 4 .png
    image 4 .png
    104.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image 5 .png
    image 5 .png
    440.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image 6.png
    image 6.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 42
Hello
The metal sheet was used in the 1970´s by collectors in Europe as a wallhanger. The diamond stamp with SS is fake, and has nothing to do with the "SS" itself.

Hello the cof44 is a normal late war production, scabbard should be same way marked, the additional metal with hole could be teoretically from norwegian postwar museum community reuse with additional chain to handle?? but someone stamped there a weird romboid stamp?

Hello the cof44 is a normal late war production, scabbard should be same way marked, the additional metal with hole could be teoretically from norwegian postwar museum community reuse with additional chain to handle?? but someone stamped there a weird romboid stamp?
Thank you very much for the information!

Military Rifle Journal
Back