Third Party Press

Long shot but worth it to ask

TMos63

As I'm sure we are all familiar with Major Dick Winters journey through the second world war and the rest of Easy Company I am also sure that we all know they brought home war trophies for themselves. That being said I recently watched a video about a few of these weapons, including Dicks's G43 he brought back home. However the gentleman in the video made note that Dick brought tons of other weapons home and happened to sell alot of them off to collectors. Like I said this is probably a long shot but what are the chances someone in this group ended up with any of these weapons? Or atleast knows someone who has one of them to this day?

I saw a G43 on GB a few years back. The seller claimed it had belonged to Dick Winters. He had a lot of positive feedback. I emailed the guy and asked for documentation and he had none. The rifle sold for $3k or $4k if I remember correctly. It was a nice gun, but without paperwork, it was just another G43. If he’d have had the correct paperwork, or something tying it directly to Mr. Winters, I would have tried hard to buy it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back