Third Party Press

New guy in California

ARay

Hi guys, grew up hunting and shooting in the south and have wanted to get back into both sports. Always loved old Mausers and I've really had the itch to pick one up lately. Seemed like the best place to learn. Anyone else in NorCal (Sacramento area)? Look forward to learning from you guys!

Welcome. New myself and have a limited knowledge of Mausers and also here to learn more and hopefully share info. Plenty of pros here and I am grateful for the info they provide. Can be a minefield out there for collectors so ask for opinions when considering a purchase.

Welcome!

I also hail from NorCal, but I'm in Mendocino area. You'll find a lot of knowledge and helpful people here.
Is there a specific kind of Mauser you're after?

Hello and welcome. Another new guy here from the NorCal (Bay) Area.

I also signed on board to learn more. Have a few k98's but nothing like the beauties I've seen lurking on here! I gotta get some pics up!

Welcome!

I also hail from NorCal, but I'm in Mendocino area. You'll find a lot of knowledge and helpful people here.
Is there a specific kind of Mauser you're after?

Had to look Mendocino up, man you're out there! Looks beautiful! If you ever head out towards Sac and want a range buddy let me know!

As far as a specific Mauser, would like to start with a decent k98k that is a good shooter, doesn't have to be an all matching collector piece. My 'dream' 98k might be a 'duv' from the Berlin-Lübecker Maschinenfabrik. I am part German and most of my German family lives in the Lübeck area so I have a bit of a connection there.

Hello and welcome. Another new guy here from the NorCal (Bay) Area.

I also signed on board to learn more. Have a few k98's but nothing like the beauties I've seen lurking on here! I gotta get some pics up!

Where in the Bay are you? I head that way occasionally. Find any of your rifles out there? If you ever want to meet up and go the range or gun show/shop let me know!

Had to look Mendocino up, man you're out there! Looks beautiful! If you ever head out towards Sac and want a range buddy let me know!

As far as a specific Mauser, would like to start with a decent k98k that is a good shooter, doesn't have to be an all matching collector piece. My 'dream' 98k might be a 'duv' from the Berlin-Lübecker Maschinenfabrik. I am part German and most of my German family lives in the Lübeck area so I have a bit of a connection there.

If you're serious about the DUV coded k98, I know of a few good looking ones that won't break the bank.

I throw a PM.

Willkommen! Currently in So Cal myself. You're in the right place.. Be sure to get the Mauser books from Third Party Press mentioned often on this forum. Many members here collaborated on them and they're the creme de la creme!

Welcome

Welcome, I am also in CA, southern part in OC. Learned to shoot in the local deserts. This place has the knowledge. Good luck on your search.

Military Rifle Journal
Back