Third Party Press

New Member!

Docmaster1

Hello all,

I am new to this forum as I signed up back in January of this year. I live in Minnesota. I am also a member in the WAF (Wehrmacht Awards Forum), it seems a lot of guys have dual memberships. Anyways I began collecting modern firearms maybe 15 years ago (I am 33 years old) and got bored with the modern guns and at the beginning of this year started collecting WW2 German firearms. So far I have a DOU 43 (vet bring back that was duffle cut so everything besides the front bands are matching), S/42 RC, S/147 RC and a BYF 44..refurbed by Miltech... (I know, I know...Miltech! 'Nuf said! But I did it before I knew anything!)... Also I just purchased a complete MP40 lower and Bolt from another K98 forum member and will be building that up soon. Other than that I have purchased other things on this forum, gun parts and books mostly....Like I mentioned I also collect a lot of German Militaria- Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine...tunics, badges, insignias, headgear, etc.. that's kind of my passion right now. Can't really think of much else...if you want to know anything ask!

Dave C

Welcome aboard. I used to collect German badges but lost interest due to the high fraud involved. Took a bath on a couple very good copies and called it quits.

Welcome Dave. Newb here myself and learning a lot already. Good folks with knowledge here. Can't wait to see pics of your collection. Sounds nice.

That is something I never got into. It just seemed like a mine field Dave.

To say the least, and I used to plant/defuse mines in "The corps" .. lol. Got taken real hard on a Fallshirmjager badge, vetted it for nearly a month, got a signed paper from the family, long, long story... turned out to be bad, makers mark fooled me and a local "pro" too, hyper aged to look period correct, the whole nine yards. Back then it cost a mere $900, but was top dollar at the time. But hey, it happens.

Hello all,

Yeah I got burned too!! It's like a right of passage or something! I have been collecting for about a year now. I dabbled in it before I got into the older guns, which seems counterintuitive but I bought some SS stuff and flushed about $1,000 bucks down the toilet!! I will never buy SS stuff again!! Never! Out of 10 items you run into only 1 is authentic!

I think one thing people over look, or at least i did at the time, was finding a reputable dealer! I got a few dealers I work with and also the WAF forum. I probably wouldn't even be involved unless there was a good community of collectors that review each others stuff! I will post some pics of my MODEST collection soon.

Dave C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back