Third Party Press

Portuguese k98k Serial Matching Project

Jawoj_71

Good evening all,

I've decided to attempt a little project with the latest imports of portuguese kar98k rifles. Attached is a spreadsheet that people can add to documenting which parts are mismatched on their 937A and 937B rifles with the goal of making matching rifles. I've divided it into two sheets, 937A and 937B model rifles. Feedback would be appreciated to make this project more successful and widespread. A couple members have contributed already. There's no guarantee any matching rifles can come from this, however I feel like it's worth a shot. I've included the most commonly mismatched parts but have added a notes tab if anyone has any specific requests or mentions. Small parts like cleaning rods can be sourced from more than just the new imports as well, so if someone see's a cleaning rod or other part another member needs they can feel free to chyme in and offer one. All transactions will be at the discretion of the individuals conducting business with each other. For now it's open for anyone on the forum to edit but I will make it read only and personally make edits if trolls attempt to destroy it. My goal is to get as much participation as possible, and the potential payoff I feel is very much worth the effort.

Great initiative. I have a mismatching bolt on my rifle sadly. And the worst part is the rifle is 7356 and the bolt is 7326. So close. I imagine two guys with rifles from the same batch were cleaning their weapons together and got the bolts mixed up..

Military Rifle Journal
Back